Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'll try anything.. almost

Posted by ChanaW on 7/11/00 at 15:57 (023148)

I just found this website and have had PF for over 5 years. The reason I've had it for so long was because after my original Podiatrist taped and recommended shoes he started with the shots. I do not like treating symptoms... so since he said it usually goes away eventually anyway I thought I would try to ignore the problem and leave it to time.

Forward tape 5 years. I've tried and am going back to acupuncture, a wonderful kinesiologist, stretching, taping, orthotics, journaling with my non-dominant hand (sounds weird but I'll try anything). I have had some success with all of the proceeding but I fear it cannot undo all these years of damage and denial. I haven't tried magnets or night splints (but I will) or total bed rest (who has?) Anyone from the Orange County, CA area who can recommend a good podiatrist or Orthopedist?

Re: I'll try anything.. almost

Rock on 7/12/00 at 07:55 (023189)

ChanaW,

Add a great deal of activity to stimulate blood flow to your feet without stressing the PF in the process. I suggest biking and swimming: 3 times a week of each.

Rock.

ChanaW on 7/12/00 at 18:45 (023243)

Thanks, Rock. I'm not a real strong swimmer, but I can use a kickboard. What about flippers?

Rock on 7/12/00 at 07:55 (023189)

ChanaW,

Add a great deal of activity to stimulate blood flow to your feet without stressing the PF in the process. I suggest biking and swimming: 3 times a week of each.

Rock.

ChanaW on 7/12/00 at 18:45 (023243)

Thanks, Rock. I'm not a real strong swimmer, but I can use a kickboard. What about flippers?