Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

a new area of question......

Posted by JudyS on 7/11/00 at 18:12 (023157)

I know that most with PF eventually experience other kinds of soreness also, mostly as a result of trying to acommodate the PF. Do any of you have soreness on the TOP of your foot in the bone/tendon that starts at the big toe joint and travels up to the ankle joint?
That's where MOST of my soreness is these days.

Re: a new area of question......

ChanaW on 7/11/00 at 19:20 (023160)

Yes. After I began seeing a Kinesiologist and getting some deep massage in my feet the pain literally moved around my foot. I had little pain on the bottom of my feet and the tops became very sensitive to touch. Now the tops are much better and I have severe pain in the heel.

Karen S on 7/11/00 at 19:24 (023161)

I was getting alot of pain there. It also went to just above my ankle or all around the bottom of my leg.

JudyS on 7/11/00 at 19:55 (023162)

Yes Karen - that's it exactly.. as tends to happen on this Board, I'm so happy to say that I'm glad I'm not alone!

Pat M. on 7/11/00 at 20:26 (023163)

This is kind of like the pain that I was trying to describe to my Pod. (former Pod) My ankle hurts very badly. The pain radiates from my heel all around the ankle. I think I know what you are talking about.
Pat.

Ann on 7/11/00 at 20:53 (023167)

I have pain everywhere...thru my ankle....and my toes...especially if I'm on my feet much...my toes hurt and begin getting numb.

Karen S on 7/11/00 at 21:52 (023172)

Judy: I always thought I was going through this alone. I sure wish I would have found this board last year when I was going through all my physio. It really does help to have people on your side and to know the pain you are feeling. Besides myself, I don't know of anyone else going through this. Thanks.....Karen

Nancy S. on 7/12/00 at 07:29 (023187)

Judy, the top is about the only side of my foot that DOESN'T hurt right now! I'm trying not to give it ideas, now that I see how many people do have pain there.
You asked me a couple of questions and now I can't find them, floating somewhere in far-below threads. But I do remember them:
How is AT affecting my PF? Good question, and I'm not sure. Since the AT hurts at the back, on the sides and a bit under my heels, and the ankles, I can't tell if there's any PF pain going on or not. But certainly not the worst, stabbing pain of PF.
Now about that bromelain calculation: you say your bottle says 1000 GDU per gram, 500 mg, per tablet. This means each tablet has 500 GDU, because 500 mg is only HALF a gram (1000 GDU per gram thus equals 500 GDU per tablet.) There, did I say it better this time? Wendy, you do accounting, can you confirm this for Judy? She won't believe me, even though I have to do some math in the antiquing business!
Ok Judy, I'm on the lookout for the prints . . .
--Nancy

JudyS on 7/12/00 at 09:40 (023197)

Nancy you devil - how could I possibly not believe such a paragon of virtue as you are? My bottle label, however, is determined to confuse me. It contradicts itself by saying that EACH CAPSULE contains 1000GDU, 500mg of pineapple extract. But another area of the label says that the maker uses 1000GDU in EACH GRAM.......
Well, if each capsule is 500mg (1/2 gram) then doesn't it stand to reason, as you say, that each capsule is 500GDU, not 1000? This is probably a minor example of how the homeopathic supplement industry needs some regulation.
OK OK - I guess this is one of those moments when I need to go get a life......

Nancy S. on 7/12/00 at 13:39 (023212)

Well Judy, I can only conclude that that's what you get for buying some Brand X. What did the bottle cost, $1.99? It does seem your label contradicts itself, and I would therefore believe the lesser claim: 500 GDU. THOSE DEVILS! My humble apologies for any implied slander of your mathematical abilities.
You should have met this paragon of virtue twenty years ago! I don't even want to imagine what you'd be thinking and writing . . .
--Nancy

Beverly on 7/12/00 at 20:39 (023247)

Judy,
My assorted insert and orthodic collection pushed me up too high in my athletic shoes... even with a size bigger than I usually wear, and the tops of my feet hurt all the way to the tune of a small bunion. When I got out of the orthodics/inserts and into Birks, the tops of my feet stopped hurting. But I still have ankle pain.

I have not ruled out orthodics forever, but at the moment I have far more hope for my Birks. I figure that if orthodics cost $300.00 and up, I can buy three pairs of expensive Euro walking shoes for that one set of orthodics. To me, three pairs of good shoes widen my opportunities better than one set of orthodics.

Beverly

ChanaW on 7/11/00 at 19:20 (023160)

Yes. After I began seeing a Kinesiologist and getting some deep massage in my feet the pain literally moved around my foot. I had little pain on the bottom of my feet and the tops became very sensitive to touch. Now the tops are much better and I have severe pain in the heel.

Karen S on 7/11/00 at 19:24 (023161)

I was getting alot of pain there. It also went to just above my ankle or all around the bottom of my leg.

JudyS on 7/11/00 at 19:55 (023162)

Yes Karen - that's it exactly.. as tends to happen on this Board, I'm so happy to say that I'm glad I'm not alone!

Pat M. on 7/11/00 at 20:26 (023163)

This is kind of like the pain that I was trying to describe to my Pod. (former Pod) My ankle hurts very badly. The pain radiates from my heel all around the ankle. I think I know what you are talking about.
Pat.

Ann on 7/11/00 at 20:53 (023167)

I have pain everywhere...thru my ankle....and my toes...especially if I'm on my feet much...my toes hurt and begin getting numb.

Karen S on 7/11/00 at 21:52 (023172)

Judy: I always thought I was going through this alone. I sure wish I would have found this board last year when I was going through all my physio. It really does help to have people on your side and to know the pain you are feeling. Besides myself, I don't know of anyone else going through this. Thanks.....Karen

Nancy S. on 7/12/00 at 07:29 (023187)

Judy, the top is about the only side of my foot that DOESN'T hurt right now! I'm trying not to give it ideas, now that I see how many people do have pain there.
You asked me a couple of questions and now I can't find them, floating somewhere in far-below threads. But I do remember them:
How is AT affecting my PF? Good question, and I'm not sure. Since the AT hurts at the back, on the sides and a bit under my heels, and the ankles, I can't tell if there's any PF pain going on or not. But certainly not the worst, stabbing pain of PF.
Now about that bromelain calculation: you say your bottle says 1000 GDU per gram, 500 mg, per tablet. This means each tablet has 500 GDU, because 500 mg is only HALF a gram (1000 GDU per gram thus equals 500 GDU per tablet.) There, did I say it better this time? Wendy, you do accounting, can you confirm this for Judy? She won't believe me, even though I have to do some math in the antiquing business!
Ok Judy, I'm on the lookout for the prints . . .
--Nancy

JudyS on 7/12/00 at 09:40 (023197)

Nancy you devil - how could I possibly not believe such a paragon of virtue as you are? My bottle label, however, is determined to confuse me. It contradicts itself by saying that EACH CAPSULE contains 1000GDU, 500mg of pineapple extract. But another area of the label says that the maker uses 1000GDU in EACH GRAM.......
Well, if each capsule is 500mg (1/2 gram) then doesn't it stand to reason, as you say, that each capsule is 500GDU, not 1000? This is probably a minor example of how the homeopathic supplement industry needs some regulation.
OK OK - I guess this is one of those moments when I need to go get a life......

Nancy S. on 7/12/00 at 13:39 (023212)

Well Judy, I can only conclude that that's what you get for buying some Brand X. What did the bottle cost, $1.99? It does seem your label contradicts itself, and I would therefore believe the lesser claim: 500 GDU. THOSE DEVILS! My humble apologies for any implied slander of your mathematical abilities.
You should have met this paragon of virtue twenty years ago! I don't even want to imagine what you'd be thinking and writing . . .
--Nancy

Beverly on 7/12/00 at 20:39 (023247)

Judy,
My assorted insert and orthodic collection pushed me up too high in my athletic shoes... even with a size bigger than I usually wear, and the tops of my feet hurt all the way to the tune of a small bunion. When I got out of the orthodics/inserts and into Birks, the tops of my feet stopped hurting. But I still have ankle pain.

I have not ruled out orthodics forever, but at the moment I have far more hope for my Birks. I figure that if orthodics cost $300.00 and up, I can buy three pairs of expensive Euro walking shoes for that one set of orthodics. To me, three pairs of good shoes widen my opportunities better than one set of orthodics.

Beverly