Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

update on my orbasone treatment- May 28th

Posted by rekha s on 7/12/00 at 00:25 (023183)

As of today, I still have pain. I only noticed some improvement immediately after the treatment....and got excited...maybe I zinxed myself (sp)? ... I still have stabbing type of pain...I have not been working, and have not been resting....the dr told me that I should go about my normal activities but not to over do it...

I have a dilemma...should I try another treatment? I know it took Mohez 2nd treatment to do the trick....maybe I should go in a cast after the 2nd treatment....? Or maybe I am the unlucky 10-20% who fail eswt.

Also, I have develped achilles tendonitis in the treated heel since the eswt which I think is due to the fact that I started tip-toeing after eswt treatment and walking funny...

help...anyone out there?

posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Orbasone

Re: update on my orbasone treatment- May 28th

Mary J. on 7/12/00 at 07:08 (023185)

Rekha, I too, had Ossatron treatment on May 18, and I still have pain. But we have another 6 to 8 weeks before we should say, 'It didn't work'. Why would you go in a cast after the next treatment? To make sure you rest? It really is hard to rest all the time. But we'll make it. If the ESWT doesn't work, we can try something else.
I have had PF for 4 years and have had leg pain for the last year or so. Does anyone have this? Get well, everyone. Mary J.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Dr. Biehler on 7/12/00 at 07:15 (023186)

I have not followed your treatment or the cause of your heel pain. I will say that if a person starts walking on their toes, it puts a great amount of tension on the plantar fascia while keeping the achillies in a shotened position. While the Orbasone can be used for pain control, what you are looking for is the increase of healing to the damaged area.The toe walking may completely have undone what the Orbasone was trying to heal.It might be time to visit your Doctor with this in mind and try again. Dr. Biehler
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Gerrit B. on 7/12/00 at 11:39 (023203)

I too had little success with the first treatment on the Orbasone. I went in for a second treatment after just four weeks. Two weeks after my second treatment I have had a lot of relief. I am also using the personal foot trainer profiled on this site. The combo of the second Orbasone and the PFT has proven to be a big help to me. I posted on the patient site last week. At that time I was probably at a '3' on my pain scale. One week later, I have improved even more to probably a '2.' I would re-treat your feet right away, and begin working with the PFT.

Mary J. on 7/12/00 at 07:08 (023185)

Rekha, I too, had Ossatron treatment on May 18, and I still have pain. But we have another 6 to 8 weeks before we should say, 'It didn't work'. Why would you go in a cast after the next treatment? To make sure you rest? It really is hard to rest all the time. But we'll make it. If the ESWT doesn't work, we can try something else.
I have had PF for 4 years and have had leg pain for the last year or so. Does anyone have this? Get well, everyone. Mary J.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Dr. Biehler on 7/12/00 at 07:15 (023186)

I have not followed your treatment or the cause of your heel pain. I will say that if a person starts walking on their toes, it puts a great amount of tension on the plantar fascia while keeping the achillies in a shotened position. While the Orbasone can be used for pain control, what you are looking for is the increase of healing to the damaged area.The toe walking may completely have undone what the Orbasone was trying to heal.It might be time to visit your Doctor with this in mind and try again. Dr. Biehler
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Gerrit B. on 7/12/00 at 11:39 (023203)

I too had little success with the first treatment on the Orbasone. I went in for a second treatment after just four weeks. Two weeks after my second treatment I have had a lot of relief. I am also using the personal foot trainer profiled on this site. The combo of the second Orbasone and the PFT has proven to be a big help to me. I posted on the patient site last week. At that time I was probably at a '3' on my pain scale. One week later, I have improved even more to probably a '2.' I would re-treat your feet right away, and begin working with the PFT.