Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

FINN COMFORT SHOES

Posted by Wanda M on 7/12/00 at 16:45 (023234)

Went into a Birk store here in Brandon Fla and ran into a great looking line of shoes called Finn Comfort. The lady there told me she has started wearing these over Birks she says they are so much more to them over Birk, she sells them too but she had on a pr and they are great looking shoes. I put on a pr and they felt GREAT but they are alot higher price wise than birks. The store is called happyfeet and looks like they have stores all over Fla. This shoe is made in Germany also and has a cork foot bed like birk but they look like regular shoes. Here is webb site on back of book http://www . happyfeet.com, was just wondering if anyone had tried these.

Re: FINN COMFORT SHOES

HermaL on 7/13/00 at 21:10 (023291)

Wanda, I have been wearing a pair of Finn Comfort shoes for about six months now. Birks never seemed to fit my foot right, but the Finn Comfort clogs felt great from the time I tried them on. They are expensive, but worth every dollar. I found my shoes at E.G. Geller in Houston. They also have a good selection of Mephistos and other 'good for your feet' shoes.

sue g. on 7/14/00 at 00:45 (023300)

Hi Wanda, nice to see someone from FL here! My mom lives in Sun City Center. I am on the other side of Orlando. If you are looking for a Birks outlet, there is one at the Belz Factory Outlet Store 2 in Kissimmee. The prices were really reasonable when I was there two weeks ago.

Re: FINN COMFORT SHOES/What is it about the Finn Comfort that you like?

Beverly on 7/14/00 at 12:54 (023329)

I'm always game for a new pair of shoes. I certainly never thought I'd spend so much money on shoes, but oh, how our priorities change!
I have tried many, many shoes, and Birks remain my overall favorite.
However, I am curious about the Finn Comfort. I looked them up on the web. Which Finn Comfort do you wear? How is it different from the Birk?
Is it softer, firmer, more arch support, less arch support? What is it that makes you like the Finn Comfort better than Birks?

Thanks,
Beverly

Wanda M on 7/14/00 at 14:22 (023339)

I dont have any I said the lady at the store had some and loved them, I have a closet full of Birks I think I am going to buy a pr they all are good looking regular shoes

HermaL on 7/15/00 at 15:08 (023383)

Beverly, I wear the Orb style of Finn Comforts. They are clogs with a velco strap at the side which allows for a snug fit. I tried on many clogs which were just too wide for my foot and allowed me to walk out of them. Birks just don't seem to fit my foot for some reason, so I can't compare the Finn Comfort shoes with them. My foot seems to turn one way and the Birk footbed turns the other. But the Finn Comfort footbed looks very similar to a Birk.

HermaL on 7/13/00 at 21:10 (023291)

Wanda, I have been wearing a pair of Finn Comfort shoes for about six months now. Birks never seemed to fit my foot right, but the Finn Comfort clogs felt great from the time I tried them on. They are expensive, but worth every dollar. I found my shoes at E.G. Geller in Houston. They also have a good selection of Mephistos and other 'good for your feet' shoes.

sue g. on 7/14/00 at 00:45 (023300)

Hi Wanda, nice to see someone from FL here! My mom lives in Sun City Center. I am on the other side of Orlando. If you are looking for a Birks outlet, there is one at the Belz Factory Outlet Store 2 in Kissimmee. The prices were really reasonable when I was there two weeks ago.

Beverly on 7/14/00 at 12:54 (023329)

I'm always game for a new pair of shoes. I certainly never thought I'd spend so much money on shoes, but oh, how our priorities change!
I have tried many, many shoes, and Birks remain my overall favorite.
However, I am curious about the Finn Comfort. I looked them up on the web. Which Finn Comfort do you wear? How is it different from the Birk?
Is it softer, firmer, more arch support, less arch support? What is it that makes you like the Finn Comfort better than Birks?

Thanks,
Beverly

Wanda M on 7/14/00 at 14:22 (023339)

I dont have any I said the lady at the store had some and loved them, I have a closet full of Birks I think I am going to buy a pr they all are good looking regular shoes

HermaL on 7/15/00 at 15:08 (023383)

Beverly, I wear the Orb style of Finn Comforts. They are clogs with a velco strap at the side which allows for a snug fit. I tried on many clogs which were just too wide for my foot and allowed me to walk out of them. Birks just don't seem to fit my foot for some reason, so I can't compare the Finn Comfort shoes with them. My foot seems to turn one way and the Birk footbed turns the other. But the Finn Comfort footbed looks very similar to a Birk.