Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OssaTron

Posted by john h on 7/13/00 at 18:25 (023282)

i have not seen any recent post from the toranto gang on how you all are doing. are your 100%, 75%, 50%, or no better?
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: OssaTron

Karen K on 7/18/00 at 12:05 (023520)

Hi John,
I'm about 75% better at this point and looking forward to having it done again to be 100%.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

John h on 7/18/00 at 16:53 (023536)

karen: thanks for your response. 75% sounds real good to me. how long did you have pf when you first received the ossatron treatment? how long to get to the 75% improvement?

Karen K on 7/19/00 at 11:36 (023557)

Hi John,
I had a very severe case of pf for 2 years prior to my tx with the OssaTron. I was treated with 'the gang' back in Feb. and by May I would say I was feeling about 50% better. Now, as I said, I'm up to 70-75% but the rate of getting better seems to slow down with each month.

I would recomend having it done. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow at the FDA meeting. I'd like to be the first one done as soon as they can get a machine in the Boston area. Heck, I wouldn't mind being an area rep for the OssaTron. John W. are you listening? ;)

john h on 7/19/00 at 18:21 (023577)

karen: was your pain located where the fascia attaches to the heel towards the inside of the bottom of the foot? also, is the treatment area the size of a dime or smaller?

thanks, john

Martha B. on 7/19/00 at 19:27 (023579)

My treated area was at least the size of a quarter. I remain 95% improved. If the ossatron is approved tomorrow and my stock soars that might just make me 100%LOL! Seriously,I am doing very well. We just got home from a 2 week vacation that required alot of walking and I did very well. My feet were very tired but they would have been like that even without PF. I want to be the Texas ossaTron Rep!!!!

john h on 7/20/00 at 17:54 (023646)

martha: i would have no trouble being the arkansas rep for Healthtronics. i know all the orthopods and poditrist in the state and know how to talk the talk about PF. i cannot , however, walk the walk. i have been very supprised about how uninformed most if all the doctors are about ESWT. i suspect surgeons will look at it as a threat .

Re: OssaTron and surgeons

GinaC on 7/20/00 at 20:47 (023660)

I don't think a good surgeon would look at Ossatron as a threat. One of the best ortho. surgeons I saw told me I should NEVER let anyone
operate on me for PF as there are too many risks/not enough benefits. Also had a podiatrist tell me he wouldn't risk the degree of mobility I had in order to perform surgery. Comments like these made me think long and hard about surgery and opt for ossatron treatment after 3 years of PF. I do think most doctors are uninformed about ESWT; was pleasantly surprised that the last podiatrist I saw (in small-town Grand Rapids, MI) had just been to a seminar on using ESWT for non-union fractures.

JudyS on 7/20/00 at 21:15 (023663)

Hi Gina - but Grand Rapids isn't that small! I grew up there, live now in San Diego but always look forward to 'going home' for a visit!

Karen K on 7/18/00 at 12:05 (023520)

Hi John,
I'm about 75% better at this point and looking forward to having it done again to be 100%.
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

John h on 7/18/00 at 16:53 (023536)

karen: thanks for your response. 75% sounds real good to me. how long did you have pf when you first received the ossatron treatment? how long to get to the 75% improvement?

Karen K on 7/19/00 at 11:36 (023557)

Hi John,
I had a very severe case of pf for 2 years prior to my tx with the OssaTron. I was treated with 'the gang' back in Feb. and by May I would say I was feeling about 50% better. Now, as I said, I'm up to 70-75% but the rate of getting better seems to slow down with each month.

I would recomend having it done. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow at the FDA meeting. I'd like to be the first one done as soon as they can get a machine in the Boston area. Heck, I wouldn't mind being an area rep for the OssaTron. John W. are you listening? ;)

john h on 7/19/00 at 18:21 (023577)

karen: was your pain located where the fascia attaches to the heel towards the inside of the bottom of the foot? also, is the treatment area the size of a dime or smaller?

thanks, john

Martha B. on 7/19/00 at 19:27 (023579)

My treated area was at least the size of a quarter. I remain 95% improved. If the ossatron is approved tomorrow and my stock soars that might just make me 100%LOL! Seriously,I am doing very well. We just got home from a 2 week vacation that required alot of walking and I did very well. My feet were very tired but they would have been like that even without PF. I want to be the Texas ossaTron Rep!!!!

john h on 7/20/00 at 17:54 (023646)

martha: i would have no trouble being the arkansas rep for Healthtronics. i know all the orthopods and poditrist in the state and know how to talk the talk about PF. i cannot , however, walk the walk. i have been very supprised about how uninformed most if all the doctors are about ESWT. i suspect surgeons will look at it as a threat .

GinaC on 7/20/00 at 20:47 (023660)

I don't think a good surgeon would look at Ossatron as a threat. One of the best ortho. surgeons I saw told me I should NEVER let anyone
operate on me for PF as there are too many risks/not enough benefits. Also had a podiatrist tell me he wouldn't risk the degree of mobility I had in order to perform surgery. Comments like these made me think long and hard about surgery and opt for ossatron treatment after 3 years of PF. I do think most doctors are uninformed about ESWT; was pleasantly surprised that the last podiatrist I saw (in small-town Grand Rapids, MI) had just been to a seminar on using ESWT for non-union fractures.

JudyS on 7/20/00 at 21:15 (023663)

Hi Gina - but Grand Rapids isn't that small! I grew up there, live now in San Diego but always look forward to 'going home' for a visit!