Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

comfortable dress shoes for work

Posted by rekha.s on 7/14/00 at 00:29 (023299)

After a year and a half off from work, I am thinking of going back part-time. I work as an administrative assistant, so it isnt that hard on the feet. I would like to get two good pairs of dress shoes which are good for PF. Any suggestions?

Also, I am thinking of going back to school part-time to pursue career in programming. My husband is a programmer, and he says not a lot of walking is involved if I telecommute or work as a contracting consultant from home. Anyone out there in the computer field? Is it hard on your feet?

Re: comfortable dress shoes for work

Lori E. on 7/14/00 at 15:48 (023343)

I would recommend you go to a specialty shoe store and try on all kinds, if you have the money, Metiphisos are supposed to work. Nordstroms has quite a variety. I tried Danskos and found they worked with a size bigger and my orthodics. I don't know what the dress code requirements are for you at work, but try talking with your boss and finding out if they can make an exception if they don't allow Birks. I know that some dress codes specifically exclude Birks. I have had mine for several weeks, and have been wearing them to work every day and they have helped alot. The importent part is to go somewhere try on as many styles as you can after getting fitted and then deciding what works for you. I resisted Birks a long time because of dress code requirements, and I regret not speaking up about it sooner. Birks also makes Ladies dress and wedge style shoes, see if they work for you.( The wedge is Tatami, and the dress shoes are Footprints models.) Make sure you try on each style of shoe for a good amount of time, maybe 15-30 min. walking around the store. The salesperson can wait on someone else while you try them out. Check out the German web site after you have decided on the style you like for a discount of about 1/2 off.

Re: comfortable dress shoes for work

Lori E. on 7/14/00 at 15:48 (023343)

I would recommend you go to a specialty shoe store and try on all kinds, if you have the money, Metiphisos are supposed to work. Nordstroms has quite a variety. I tried Danskos and found they worked with a size bigger and my orthodics. I don't know what the dress code requirements are for you at work, but try talking with your boss and finding out if they can make an exception if they don't allow Birks. I know that some dress codes specifically exclude Birks. I have had mine for several weeks, and have been wearing them to work every day and they have helped alot. The importent part is to go somewhere try on as many styles as you can after getting fitted and then deciding what works for you. I resisted Birks a long time because of dress code requirements, and I regret not speaking up about it sooner. Birks also makes Ladies dress and wedge style shoes, see if they work for you.( The wedge is Tatami, and the dress shoes are Footprints models.) Make sure you try on each style of shoe for a good amount of time, maybe 15-30 min. walking around the store. The salesperson can wait on someone else while you try them out. Check out the German web site after you have decided on the style you like for a discount of about 1/2 off.