Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Handicap Parking Permit -------- a reminder

Posted by Steve P on 7/14/00 at 14:03 (023337)

Just wanted to let you all know that I got a Temporary Handicap Parking Permit & it was VERY easy. In fact, I never set foot in the MVA building. I just called them & they mailed me the application. I got my doctor to sign it & to specify a one-sentence reason, mailed it to the MVA & got the pass in return mail a week later. It's the type that hangs from the inside rear view mirror & can therefore be transferred from car to car.
In this state (Maryland) that's all there is to it & the passes are good up to 6 months. The doctor specifies the duration.
Just wanted to pass this along. I don't know how similar other states are in this regard.

Wish I'd done this sooner! ......Steve

Re: Handicap Parking Permit -------- a reminder

Wanda M on 7/14/00 at 14:15 (023338)

I got my sticker about 2yrs ago and I could not live without it, sometime I feel bad about parking there but I want to scream to everybody who is looking at me (walk 10 min.on my feet) and then I thank God everyday that I can park there , I tell you if it wasnt for my sticker I would have to stay home for I cant walk or stand to long. Have TT in both feet. I live in Ga and got my from Dr he was very willing, foks if you need one get it you want be sorry and dont worry what people say

Stacy S on 7/14/00 at 16:21 (023346)

I was so glad to see that your allowed to get handicapp parking. I was diagnosed with PF about 2 weeks ago and I know it's all due to being a Teacher. This sure will make life easy on my feet whenever I travel. The longer I am on my feet the more it hurts the next morning so Thank you very much on this info. By the way i live in MD too, so it refreshing to see that it won't be a hassle in getting the HC permit.
Stacy

Wanda M on 7/14/00 at 14:15 (023338)

I got my sticker about 2yrs ago and I could not live without it, sometime I feel bad about parking there but I want to scream to everybody who is looking at me (walk 10 min.on my feet) and then I thank God everyday that I can park there , I tell you if it wasnt for my sticker I would have to stay home for I cant walk or stand to long. Have TT in both feet. I live in Ga and got my from Dr he was very willing, foks if you need one get it you want be sorry and dont worry what people say

Stacy S on 7/14/00 at 16:21 (023346)

I was so glad to see that your allowed to get handicapp parking. I was diagnosed with PF about 2 weeks ago and I know it's all due to being a Teacher. This sure will make life easy on my feet whenever I travel. The longer I am on my feet the more it hurts the next morning so Thank you very much on this info. By the way i live in MD too, so it refreshing to see that it won't be a hassle in getting the HC permit.
Stacy