Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Soft Birks

Posted by wendyn on 7/18/00 at 09:09 (023510)

Yes Virginia - there really is a softer foot bed Birk. I think that some chains carry it - others don't. Some Birks places will tell you that it doesn't exist. It does. It is a regular Birk - but they place some foam padding between the footbed and the suede top. Makes it softer. It's a good start if you're having foot pain already or if you find the other Birks too hard. There are only about 3 styles that they make them in.

I spent all day in these harder ones yesterday - I love them. But I know that I could not have worn them last year when my feet were so bad.

Re: Soft Birks

Terry on 7/18/00 at 10:02 (023514)

I called the Birks store today to ask about soft Birks and the lady told me that they can only order what Birkenstock USA in California carries, which is why there is no soft Birk in the catalog. She said she has customers who come in all the time and show her styles that they bought in Europe that she has never seen before. I think maybe I should return the Birks and order a soft footbed pair. Scott, is your link back? I would rather go through you. Also, what about the US/Euro conversion rate. How does that work? Thanks, Terry

Helene M on 7/18/00 at 13:22 (023527)

Could anyone mention the names of some of the soft footbed Birks? I would want to find a store to try them before I order thru the German website. Thanks!

john a on 7/18/00 at 15:09 (023533)

Basically, many of the 'classic' birk styles also come in a soft footbed variety: arizona, boston, florida, milano, monterey, pisa, rio, tokyo. At least, that's what birkenstock-cn has available.

Re: Thank you! eom

Helene M on 7/19/00 at 13:08 (023560)

Terry on 7/18/00 at 10:02 (023514)

I called the Birks store today to ask about soft Birks and the lady told me that they can only order what Birkenstock USA in California carries, which is why there is no soft Birk in the catalog. She said she has customers who come in all the time and show her styles that they bought in Europe that she has never seen before. I think maybe I should return the Birks and order a soft footbed pair. Scott, is your link back? I would rather go through you. Also, what about the US/Euro conversion rate. How does that work? Thanks, Terry

Helene M on 7/18/00 at 13:22 (023527)

Could anyone mention the names of some of the soft footbed Birks? I would want to find a store to try them before I order thru the German website. Thanks!

john a on 7/18/00 at 15:09 (023533)

Basically, many of the 'classic' birk styles also come in a soft footbed variety: arizona, boston, florida, milano, monterey, pisa, rio, tokyo. At least, that's what birkenstock-cn has available.

Re: Thank you! eom

Helene M on 7/19/00 at 13:08 (023560)