Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Update on message

Posted by Stacy s on 7/18/00 at 13:06 (023526)

Hey All,

I went to this woman today, who is visiting the US from Trinidad W.I. She is well known for her healing hands in message therapy. Let me tell you she is wonderful. She starts of with spiritual healing. She wants to make sure that you are intuned with your body. The she looks at your body. She checks your posture, Your spine, your alignment with your muscles and ligaments, if your body looks uneven in some way she is able to tell you where your problem begins. Listen to this, she said that my PF is cause from my liagment not being aligned properly and because this is, another part of my body is trying to compensate the pain, in my case my Kidneys are taking all the work, there is a bone that is pushing my kindneys into itself kinda of like a tight curled up kidney bean. And becasue my foot was blue at the bottom near my arch she says that its because (obvious) there is not proper blood flow from feet through out my body. She was able to align my spine from my neck to my bottom. (Sorry! I don't know the scientific names). Anyway, She also worked on my thigh bones and calves. She was able to tell that because the bone from my feet was pushing up to my hips which made the bone up to my sternum was off. She shifted those bones to help take the pressure off of the leg bones then she worked on my blood vessels in my feet by doing pulses taps on my leg and message. You were able to see that the blue color was leaving my feet. She said that whenever someone has problems in that part of the feet it usually means that the Kidneys are being over worked. I have to admit that it all sounds a little strange but I do not have the back pain that I usually have, the blue discoloration is gone and the pain is gone in my feet. She said that for this process that she did it's like surgey ( shifting the bones) and that it will take about 3 months to be completely healed, just like if I had surgey. So I will keep you guys updated on how I am feeling and if I still get the pain in the mornings. Todaloo!
Stacy

Re: Update on message

Beverly on 7/18/00 at 15:28 (023535)

Stacy,

I'm sure the massage/body work made you feel better and probably increased circulation, but I seriously doubt that any kind of bodywork/massage alone will heal PF. I am a 'massage junkie.' I have had every kind of massage under the sun, and I am a great fan of massage and bodywork, but I can't say that it has ever fixed my foot. It does bring temporary relief, and I'm sure it helps break down scar tissue.

At the beginning of my PF, I had a reflexologist work on my foot. She kept poking on a tender place on my foot, saying that it was my kidney... the reflexology point related to my kidney. I kept telling her that my kidney was just fine, but she was going way too deep on my injured foot. It took me three weeks to recover from that session, and I never went back to her or any other reflexologist again.

I am very open to mind/body healing and alternative modalities, but I would really encourage you to consult your doctor on this one. If my foot were blue, I'd want to have a medical doctor look at it.

I am getting massage at this time from my physical therapist, but we are also doing several other things, and I am gettting plenty of rest and I have radically changed my shoe wear. I would not expect even the most talented massage therapist to be able to heal me by massage alone.

Beverly

Barb S on 7/19/00 at 08:30 (023552)

I have to agree with Beverly about going to a medical doctor. I, too, went to a Reflexologist who ended up causing me more pain than relief. I finally went back to a Podiatrist and found out that my orthotics are causing the problem. My previous Podiatrist did not make them correctly and there is a serious gap between the arch of the orthotic and my foot. If your foot is blue, you owe it to yourself and your health to get medical treatment.

My reflexologist kept trying to get me to buy all kinds of different things; magnets, oils, natural anti-inflammatory pills, natural calcium supplements. It seemed more like sales pressure than real treatment. Massage is a great way to get temporary relief and a way to treat yourself but I don't believe it is a cure. I quit going to the Reflexologist because of the expense and the pressure to buy, buy, buy.

Take care of yourself and see a doctor even if the blue is gone from your foot.

Stacy S on 7/19/00 at 22:28 (023592)

Day 3

This is day 3 and I have no pain on my foot. I haven't changed my activities, I also went hiking yesterday. I also wanted to say that I have been to the all the doctors and they all give me the same Mumbo Jumbo and no help I am just being used as a guinea pig from these doctors. Also, this person who gives the messages does not charge for her services because she knows that her talents are a gift. She has had 100% percent success of healing with people she has touched for what ever reason. She sees atleast 30 people a day. So I just want you all to know that it is possible to be healed by message.

Stacy S on 7/19/00 at 22:29 (023593)

Day 3

This is day 3 and I have no pain on my foot. I haven't changed my activities, I also went hiking yesterday. I also wanted to say that I have been to the all the doctors and they all give me the same Mumbo Jumbo and no help I am just being used as a guinea pig from these doctors. Also, this person who gives the massages does not charge for her services because she knows that her talents are a gift. She has had 100% percent success of healing with people she has touched for what ever reason. She sees atleast 30 people a day. So I just want you all to know that it is possible to be healed by massage.

Beverly on 7/18/00 at 15:28 (023535)

Stacy,

I'm sure the massage/body work made you feel better and probably increased circulation, but I seriously doubt that any kind of bodywork/massage alone will heal PF. I am a 'massage junkie.' I have had every kind of massage under the sun, and I am a great fan of massage and bodywork, but I can't say that it has ever fixed my foot. It does bring temporary relief, and I'm sure it helps break down scar tissue.

At the beginning of my PF, I had a reflexologist work on my foot. She kept poking on a tender place on my foot, saying that it was my kidney... the reflexology point related to my kidney. I kept telling her that my kidney was just fine, but she was going way too deep on my injured foot. It took me three weeks to recover from that session, and I never went back to her or any other reflexologist again.

I am very open to mind/body healing and alternative modalities, but I would really encourage you to consult your doctor on this one. If my foot were blue, I'd want to have a medical doctor look at it.

I am getting massage at this time from my physical therapist, but we are also doing several other things, and I am gettting plenty of rest and I have radically changed my shoe wear. I would not expect even the most talented massage therapist to be able to heal me by massage alone.

Beverly

Barb S on 7/19/00 at 08:30 (023552)

I have to agree with Beverly about going to a medical doctor. I, too, went to a Reflexologist who ended up causing me more pain than relief. I finally went back to a Podiatrist and found out that my orthotics are causing the problem. My previous Podiatrist did not make them correctly and there is a serious gap between the arch of the orthotic and my foot. If your foot is blue, you owe it to yourself and your health to get medical treatment.

My reflexologist kept trying to get me to buy all kinds of different things; magnets, oils, natural anti-inflammatory pills, natural calcium supplements. It seemed more like sales pressure than real treatment. Massage is a great way to get temporary relief and a way to treat yourself but I don't believe it is a cure. I quit going to the Reflexologist because of the expense and the pressure to buy, buy, buy.

Take care of yourself and see a doctor even if the blue is gone from your foot.

Stacy S on 7/19/00 at 22:28 (023592)

Day 3

This is day 3 and I have no pain on my foot. I haven't changed my activities, I also went hiking yesterday. I also wanted to say that I have been to the all the doctors and they all give me the same Mumbo Jumbo and no help I am just being used as a guinea pig from these doctors. Also, this person who gives the messages does not charge for her services because she knows that her talents are a gift. She has had 100% percent success of healing with people she has touched for what ever reason. She sees atleast 30 people a day. So I just want you all to know that it is possible to be healed by message.

Stacy S on 7/19/00 at 22:29 (023593)

Day 3

This is day 3 and I have no pain on my foot. I haven't changed my activities, I also went hiking yesterday. I also wanted to say that I have been to the all the doctors and they all give me the same Mumbo Jumbo and no help I am just being used as a guinea pig from these doctors. Also, this person who gives the massages does not charge for her services because she knows that her talents are a gift. She has had 100% percent success of healing with people she has touched for what ever reason. She sees atleast 30 people a day. So I just want you all to know that it is possible to be healed by massage.