Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Strange question

Posted by Gordon F on 7/18/00 at 22:37 (023543)

It has been a long time since I've been on here. I have a question at the end of this but first I'll give a little progress report in case anyone is wondering ( I used to post theories quite often).

History
PF in both feet since 6/96
Carpal tunnel both hands
Tight calf, neck shoulders, arthritis in fingers and toes
Tried lots of everything except ossatron with little succes.

1) Progress
1st two years very poor. Crawled most of the time

Currently doing very well. Able to do Jud,o soccer etc.
Experince some pain but not enough to have significant impact.
Still can't stand still for long periods.

Things that really work for me.

Staying off all simple carbs and sugars keeps muscles feeling loose.
Any sweets and after a coupe days I get stiff calf/tendon etc.

Exercise twice every day vigorously for 15-25 min. makes big difference. Especially if in pain.
Best exercise is to lie down on side and then on back doing fast leg kicks (loosen up lightly at first). 60 kicks per leg in each position.

Massage feet several times a day with blunt object.

Take lots vit c, bromelein, vit e, pro-botics and caprylic acid for intestinal yeast.

Theory: Poor blood flow (somehow tied to diet/digestion) solved by exercise and diet modification and positive enviroment.

Question.-->

About 5 years ago just prior to all of my PF and tendon issuues I noticed that the cartlidge in my ears (both) had stiffened up such that the bottom and top of my ears cannnot be folded together like most peoples. I noticed this because every now and then while playing rough with my son my years would get tweeked and it would really hurt.

Has anyone else noticed that the cartlidge in their ears is abnormally stiff.

Gordon

Re: Strange question

alan k on 7/19/00 at 07:40 (023550)

Not me

Helene M on 7/19/00 at 13:15 (023561)

I also have PF, wrist problems & arthritis, but not stiff ears.

Nancy S. on 7/19/00 at 13:19 (023562)

That IS strange, Gordon. I don't have that. I do have a strange bony lump on my right thumb, however. Appeared out of nowhere.

Lori E. on 7/19/00 at 14:39 (023567)

I have noticed that when I up my carb intake(cheating on my low carb diet) my pain in my arches increases. Thanks for the update and the low down on what has worked for you.

Beverly on 7/19/00 at 15:12 (023569)

Hi Gordon,
I have had an number of upperbody ills: neck/shoulder strain; tennis elbow; tendonitis in the wrists; stiff achey thumbs. Fortunately, not all of this at the same time. It doesn't take much for me to pull or strain something. Also, I should add that my work puts me at a computer a good bit.

My ears are fine. However, I do have TMJ, and I notice that if I am stressed and grinding my teeth in my sleep, my glasses hurt behind my ears... on the mastoid bone. This started years ago when the TMJ got bad. But I've never had stiff ears.

Good luck,
Beverly

Mary J. on 7/20/00 at 14:34 (023622)

Gordon, It's great you are feeling so much better! No, I don't have that on my ear. Thanks for letting us in on the things that worked for you. Mary J.

alan k on 7/19/00 at 07:40 (023550)

Not me

Helene M on 7/19/00 at 13:15 (023561)

I also have PF, wrist problems & arthritis, but not stiff ears.

Nancy S. on 7/19/00 at 13:19 (023562)

That IS strange, Gordon. I don't have that. I do have a strange bony lump on my right thumb, however. Appeared out of nowhere.

Lori E. on 7/19/00 at 14:39 (023567)

I have noticed that when I up my carb intake(cheating on my low carb diet) my pain in my arches increases. Thanks for the update and the low down on what has worked for you.

Beverly on 7/19/00 at 15:12 (023569)

Hi Gordon,
I have had an number of upperbody ills: neck/shoulder strain; tennis elbow; tendonitis in the wrists; stiff achey thumbs. Fortunately, not all of this at the same time. It doesn't take much for me to pull or strain something. Also, I should add that my work puts me at a computer a good bit.

My ears are fine. However, I do have TMJ, and I notice that if I am stressed and grinding my teeth in my sleep, my glasses hurt behind my ears... on the mastoid bone. This started years ago when the TMJ got bad. But I've never had stiff ears.

Good luck,
Beverly

Mary J. on 7/20/00 at 14:34 (023622)

Gordon, It's great you are feeling so much better! No, I don't have that on my ear. Thanks for letting us in on the things that worked for you. Mary J.