Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Still Pain-free

Posted by Bob G. on 7/19/00 at 01:18 (023546)

Well, here's an update. Been almost 19 weeks since PF pain, but not back on the dance floor because of sore knees.

I am a believer in NightSplints, and would be wearing mine if not for the bothersome knee. Every morning when I get out of bed I hope hope hope there will be no pain. So far so good. I wish I could wear my NightSplint, but am afraid of twisting, stressing or tweaking my knee.

Of course, I am resting my knee (learned that here) and wearing knee braces and now doing knee exercises. I took a brief beach walk yesterday and had little pain, but not no pain, so am still nursing the situation along...meanwhile,

A truck driver suffering from PF pulled up at a roadside cafe in the

middle of the night for a dinner stop. Halfway through his

meal, three wild-looking motorcyclists roared up--bearded,

leather-jacketed, filthy.

For no reason at all, they selected the truck driver as a

target. One poured pepper over his head, another stole his

apple pie, the third deliberately tipped his coffee over. The

truck driver never said one word, just stood up, paid hia

check, and hobbled out.

'That truck driver sure ain't much of a fighter,' sneered one

of the bikers.

The girl behind the counter, peering out into the night,

added, 'He doesn't seem to be much of a truck driver, either.

He just ran his truck right over three motorcycles.'

Re: Forgot to mention

Bob G. on 7/19/00 at 01:26 (023547)

the reason my foot is doing okay without the NightSplint is because it is working out many times a day on the FootFlex. I do the bent leg, straight leg gentle stretching, and often add to the straight leg a little lateral movement.

When in the straight leg mode I move my hips this way and that - gently, but feeling a good all-around stretch. No pain, good gain!

Hope this helps someone. BG

Re: Q for Bob

Kim B. on 7/19/00 at 20:17 (023581)

Hi Bob,

Why did you choose the 'Foot Flex' over the 'Step Calf Stretch' device?

Regards, Kim B.

Bob G. on 7/20/00 at 01:30 (023600)

Hello, Kim!

What is the step calf devise? ...would not make any difference to me as I am totally happy with the FootFlex. I am totally pain free and flexing my feet all day long...my parents use the FootFlex and love it, too!!! it is soooo good...so what is the step calf devise ? and why should I be interested in it?

Have you tried the FootFlex? :) BG

Re: A for Bob

Kim B. on 7/20/00 at 07:58 (023602)

It's a calf and PF stretching device. I was trying to decide between the two and wondered if you had chosen one over the other for a reason. I guess not. Here it is : http://www.feelgoodfast.com/product-list.asp?AID=246

Regards,
Kim

Re: Q for Bob (thx for info re your success with FootFlex)

Helen K. on 7/20/00 at 14:22 (023619)

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your 'endorsement' of FootFlex. I just started researching info re PF on the internet and just ordered it yesterday. I'm so glad that it's working so well for you.

My doctor hasn't been much help. My pain has come and gone several times over the last year or so. But over this last week it's getting really bad. The worst is getting up in the morning in such pain. And this week as I have been walking from the train to work and back, the back of my calves just about give out. It's only a three block walk. I feel so old and decrepid and I'm only 38. I sincerely hope that FootFlex helps me. Thanks again for your success story.

Helen

Re: Forgot to mention

Bob G. on 7/19/00 at 01:26 (023547)

the reason my foot is doing okay without the NightSplint is because it is working out many times a day on the FootFlex. I do the bent leg, straight leg gentle stretching, and often add to the straight leg a little lateral movement.

When in the straight leg mode I move my hips this way and that - gently, but feeling a good all-around stretch. No pain, good gain!

Hope this helps someone. BG

Kim B. on 7/19/00 at 20:17 (023581)

Hi Bob,

Why did you choose the 'Foot Flex' over the 'Step Calf Stretch' device?

Regards, Kim B.

Bob G. on 7/20/00 at 01:30 (023600)

Hello, Kim!

What is the step calf devise? ...would not make any difference to me as I am totally happy with the FootFlex. I am totally pain free and flexing my feet all day long...my parents use the FootFlex and love it, too!!! it is soooo good...so what is the step calf devise ? and why should I be interested in it?

Have you tried the FootFlex? :) BG

Re: A for Bob

Kim B. on 7/20/00 at 07:58 (023602)

It's a calf and PF stretching device. I was trying to decide between the two and wondered if you had chosen one over the other for a reason. I guess not. Here it is : http://www.feelgoodfast.com/product-list.asp?AID=246

Regards,
Kim

Re: Q for Bob (thx for info re your success with FootFlex)

Helen K. on 7/20/00 at 14:22 (023619)

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your 'endorsement' of FootFlex. I just started researching info re PF on the internet and just ordered it yesterday. I'm so glad that it's working so well for you.

My doctor hasn't been much help. My pain has come and gone several times over the last year or so. But over this last week it's getting really bad. The worst is getting up in the morning in such pain. And this week as I have been walking from the train to work and back, the back of my calves just about give out. It's only a three block walk. I feel so old and decrepid and I'm only 38. I sincerely hope that FootFlex helps me. Thanks again for your success story.

Helen