Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

"Bee Sting"

Posted by Susan S on 7/19/00 at 15:16 (023570)

Here's something new.... I was sitting at my desk working, actually less on my feet due to a deadline, and a had a sudden jolt like a bee string on the bottom of my foot. I jerked my shoe off and there was nothing in my shoe. Has anyone had this or am I blazing a new pain trail?

Re: "Bee Sting"

Nancy S. on 7/19/00 at 17:26 (023572)

Susan, that's what it felt like to me when I was first hit with PF. One moment I felt nothing, the next moment I had terrible sharp pain. I jerked my shoe off and felt around for nails in the shoe. And we all know the rest of the story. . . . I don't remember ever having it happen while at rest, though; maybe you ARE a pioneer.
--Nancy

Betsy P on 7/19/00 at 22:30 (023594)

Susan,
I've had that feeling before. There have been times when I was in bed or relaxing and have been startled with a similar pain. It's only happened a few times and I don't have a clue as to what the cause is but your not the only one (for what it's worth!).

Lori E. on 7/20/00 at 18:10 (023647)

I have had 'bee stings' too. I am just writing to let you know that you are not the only one. There is nothing to warn that they are going to happen, they have happened at work, while in bed or just walking along. I can't explain it.

Nancy S. on 7/19/00 at 17:26 (023572)

Susan, that's what it felt like to me when I was first hit with PF. One moment I felt nothing, the next moment I had terrible sharp pain. I jerked my shoe off and felt around for nails in the shoe. And we all know the rest of the story. . . . I don't remember ever having it happen while at rest, though; maybe you ARE a pioneer.
--Nancy

Betsy P on 7/19/00 at 22:30 (023594)

Susan,
I've had that feeling before. There have been times when I was in bed or relaxing and have been startled with a similar pain. It's only happened a few times and I don't have a clue as to what the cause is but your not the only one (for what it's worth!).

Lori E. on 7/20/00 at 18:10 (023647)

I have had 'bee stings' too. I am just writing to let you know that you are not the only one. There is nothing to warn that they are going to happen, they have happened at work, while in bed or just walking along. I can't explain it.