Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron

Posted by John on 7/20/00 at 14:22 (023620)

the FDA commtttee today recommended approval of use of the ossatron for treatment of PF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Ossatron

Nancy S. on 7/20/00 at 15:30 (023626)

This is great news! (How come the stock went down?)

john h on 7/20/00 at 17:40 (023643)

the stock has only about 10 million shares of which 45% is owned by insiders. no institutional holders. with approval of the ossatron by the full FDA board which should come shortly i would think some institutions might jump in at some point and drive the price up. trading recently has been about 10 times or more what it has been. i have no idea how they will market this device but i would think that most large cities in the USA would find it profitable to own one. Healthtronics would probably have to establish an ongoing (hopefully profitable) maintence division although the lipotriptor is probably much the same machine and they already maintain that. i am anxious to see the results of the trials that were conducted during the past year which should now be in the public domain.

Re: What is Ossatron?

Betsy P on 7/21/00 at 12:53 (023701)

Before I get excited....could someone tell me what ossatron is?

Nancy S. on 7/21/00 at 13:11 (023703)

Hi Betsy,
Do a search on the word OssaTron in the search box at the top of this message board page. It will turn up many posts about this revolutionary treatment as it was being tested in the US and also being used with earlier approval in Canada. Also do a search on ESWT, which is what the OssaTron (a machine) performs (extracorporeal shock wave therapy, I think it stands for).
A few months ago Scott created a whole separate message board for ESWT. You can click on that at the top of this message board to get to the ESWT board. The postings there are just since the last few months. I would do the searches of this board first, to get all the background and descriptive info.
You just might have reason to get excited! I hope it's something you can try.
Best,
Nancy

Re: Thanks Nancy

Betsy P on 7/21/00 at 13:14 (023705)

Thanks Nancy for the info. I should have known a 'veteran' of this board like yourself would be willing to point me in the right direction :-)

Nancy S. on 7/20/00 at 15:30 (023626)

This is great news! (How come the stock went down?)

john h on 7/20/00 at 17:40 (023643)

the stock has only about 10 million shares of which 45% is owned by insiders. no institutional holders. with approval of the ossatron by the full FDA board which should come shortly i would think some institutions might jump in at some point and drive the price up. trading recently has been about 10 times or more what it has been. i have no idea how they will market this device but i would think that most large cities in the USA would find it profitable to own one. Healthtronics would probably have to establish an ongoing (hopefully profitable) maintence division although the lipotriptor is probably much the same machine and they already maintain that. i am anxious to see the results of the trials that were conducted during the past year which should now be in the public domain.

Betsy P on 7/21/00 at 12:53 (023701)

Before I get excited....could someone tell me what ossatron is?

Nancy S. on 7/21/00 at 13:11 (023703)

Hi Betsy,
Do a search on the word OssaTron in the search box at the top of this message board page. It will turn up many posts about this revolutionary treatment as it was being tested in the US and also being used with earlier approval in Canada. Also do a search on ESWT, which is what the OssaTron (a machine) performs (extracorporeal shock wave therapy, I think it stands for).
A few months ago Scott created a whole separate message board for ESWT. You can click on that at the top of this message board to get to the ESWT board. The postings there are just since the last few months. I would do the searches of this board first, to get all the background and descriptive info.
You just might have reason to get excited! I hope it's something you can try.
Best,
Nancy

Re: Thanks Nancy

Betsy P on 7/21/00 at 13:14 (023705)

Thanks Nancy for the info. I should have known a 'veteran' of this board like yourself would be willing to point me in the right direction :-)