Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can anyone recommend a sneaker for a high arched foot?

Posted by Helene M on 7/20/00 at 14:36 (023623)

My new Reebok DMX walkers don't seem to have any built-in support for the arch. I'd been wearing Reebok DMX for a few years with success. However the models I was wearing were discontinued & have been replaced with newer models. The new ones are not giving me arch support like the previous ones.

Re: Can anyone recommend a sneaker for a high arched foot?

JudyS on 7/20/00 at 16:24 (023632)

Helene - the Reebok DMX walkers have come highly recommended by many on this Board so I'm planning to get a pair....but I intend to use them with my orthotics. What do you think?

Ann G. on 7/20/00 at 23:52 (023669)

I've been wearing reebok's for years, but I like that high top with velcro at the top. A very plain looking shoe. I think they call it the 'standard', but then again my whole outlook on shoes has changed, but I'm thinking that they were pretty good for my high arches and weak instep.

Pauline on 7/21/00 at 08:55 (023685)

I think the New Balance running shoes provide the most high arch
shoes. Of course to me the Birks are also high arch, because
I cannot wear them. You will find you need to try on a lot of pairs
before you find something. Going to a running store with a good salesperson might speed up your search. I personally like to try
on the shoes without sales help because I don't feel guilty when
I have to try on so many pairs.

Helene M on 7/21/00 at 12:37 (023700)

I have a pair of New Balance trail running shoes but I don't feel any arch support in them (without orthotics). In New Balance, I think it depends on the last, SL1 or SL2. I think the trail running shoes have an SL1 last, probably not for my foot. Yes, Judy, I recall several people mentioning the DMX's. I like the air channel. Just try to find the model that feels right for you.

JudyS on 7/20/00 at 16:24 (023632)

Helene - the Reebok DMX walkers have come highly recommended by many on this Board so I'm planning to get a pair....but I intend to use them with my orthotics. What do you think?

Ann G. on 7/20/00 at 23:52 (023669)

I've been wearing reebok's for years, but I like that high top with velcro at the top. A very plain looking shoe. I think they call it the 'standard', but then again my whole outlook on shoes has changed, but I'm thinking that they were pretty good for my high arches and weak instep.

Pauline on 7/21/00 at 08:55 (023685)

I think the New Balance running shoes provide the most high arch
shoes. Of course to me the Birks are also high arch, because
I cannot wear them. You will find you need to try on a lot of pairs
before you find something. Going to a running store with a good salesperson might speed up your search. I personally like to try
on the shoes without sales help because I don't feel guilty when
I have to try on so many pairs.

Helene M on 7/21/00 at 12:37 (023700)

I have a pair of New Balance trail running shoes but I don't feel any arch support in them (without orthotics). In New Balance, I think it depends on the last, SL1 or SL2. I think the trail running shoes have an SL1 last, probably not for my foot. Yes, Judy, I recall several people mentioning the DMX's. I like the air channel. Just try to find the model that feels right for you.