Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I was wondering if anyone has had just a fascia release surgery not a TTS release????????

Posted by Laurie R on 7/20/00 at 18:50 (023650)

Hi Everyone,
I just saw my Pod today and he said I have a very tight fascia and a fascia release may help me .I was just wondering if anyone has had a fascai release and how the out come from this surgery has help or if it made things worse.Thank so much ....Laurie R

Re: I was wondering if anyone has had just a fascia release surgery not a TTS release????????

KarenS on 7/20/00 at 19:13 (023656)

Laurie: I just had a release done but I also had a heel spur removed. I'm in a cast till Aug 10th so I'm not sure yet how or if it worked. I will keep you posted though or you can email me.

Thanks---Karen

Re: I was wondering if anyone has had just a fascia release surgery not a TTS release????????

Rick R on 7/21/00 at 07:50 (023678)

Hi Laurie,

Although spur and scar tissue removal was a major part of my surgery, I also had the fascia release. My left (surgery side) foot is far more flexible than the right side. As you know the surgery was a major success for me. Things continue to go well as far as the heels go.

See Ya,

Rick

john h on 7/21/00 at 08:32 (023679)

i had a fascia release in august 99. my foot is no worse or no better. the problem as i see it is the surgeon only released about 15% of the fascia. the fascia on the foot that was operated on feels as tight as the one that was not operated on. a couple of other doctors have told me that there should have been at least a 50% release of the fascia.

KarenS on 7/20/00 at 19:13 (023656)

Laurie: I just had a release done but I also had a heel spur removed. I'm in a cast till Aug 10th so I'm not sure yet how or if it worked. I will keep you posted though or you can email me.

Thanks---Karen

Rick R on 7/21/00 at 07:50 (023678)

Hi Laurie,

Although spur and scar tissue removal was a major part of my surgery, I also had the fascia release. My left (surgery side) foot is far more flexible than the right side. As you know the surgery was a major success for me. Things continue to go well as far as the heels go.

See Ya,

Rick

john h on 7/21/00 at 08:32 (023679)

i had a fascia release in august 99. my foot is no worse or no better. the problem as i see it is the surgeon only released about 15% of the fascia. the fascia on the foot that was operated on feels as tight as the one that was not operated on. a couple of other doctors have told me that there should have been at least a 50% release of the fascia.