Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

When does Dr. Zuckerman come back?

Posted by cindyp on 7/20/00 at 19:10 (023655)

I have a question for him .

Re: When does Dr. Zuckerman come back?

Dr; Zuckerman on 7/21/00 at 03:39 (023674)

!!hi,

I am in Europe until !sunday July 23: This Message is from Paris France: !!!!!!I couldnt stay from this pf board

Dr Z

cindyp on 7/21/00 at 07:42 (023677)

Lucky you paris. one question. When we were talknig before about why I couldn't get the surgery. You said one of the reasons may be because the whole nerve maybe involved. I was wondering why that would be a reason?

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/23/00 at 01:30 (023753)

If the entire lateral plantar nerve is removed you will lose both motor and sensory to the entire outside and bottom of your foot. i believe you told me that there was muscle atropy to the lateral aspect of your foot already. This will make get worse . I have a patient in my practice that had the medial plantar nerve removed. He is still alive but the foot is much smaller then then the opposite foot but the pain is gone. !!!! When you lose both motor and sensory innervation you risk ulceration of the skin, fractures of the bones. But if the pain is so severe what other choice do you have???

Dr; Zuckerman on 7/21/00 at 03:39 (023674)

!!hi,

I am in Europe until !sunday July 23: This Message is from Paris France: !!!!!!I couldnt stay from this pf board

Dr Z

cindyp on 7/21/00 at 07:42 (023677)

Lucky you paris. one question. When we were talknig before about why I couldn't get the surgery. You said one of the reasons may be because the whole nerve maybe involved. I was wondering why that would be a reason?

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/23/00 at 01:30 (023753)

If the entire lateral plantar nerve is removed you will lose both motor and sensory to the entire outside and bottom of your foot. i believe you told me that there was muscle atropy to the lateral aspect of your foot already. This will make get worse . I have a patient in my practice that had the medial plantar nerve removed. He is still alive but the foot is much smaller then then the opposite foot but the pain is gone. !!!! When you lose both motor and sensory innervation you risk ulceration of the skin, fractures of the bones. But if the pain is so severe what other choice do you have???