Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My last group of questions...

Posted by cindyp on 7/24/00 at 21:06 (023866)

Well I have few choices.There aren't any real treatments for me. I have to see what the pain clinic has to say. I read what dr. zuckerman said may happen if i had surgery and i would rather not have that happen. So now what? What kind of treatment other than pain alleviation is there? No actual fixing i suppose. Then I may never have this answer but why did this happen in this particular area of my foot?( in my heel a large neuroma, probably the whole nerve itself.)

Re: My last group of questions...

alan k on 7/25/00 at 13:33 (023900)

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I would suggest alternative healing practices, as long as they are not too flaky. I am just saying this because it seems as though you are at the end of what regular medical science can do. However, I would continue searching with physicians to see if there still isn't something you might try. After that, perhaps acupuncture and yoga or chi kung could help. Especially chi kung which can be miraculous, but requires a lot of discipline and practice. At least it is non invasive and completely self-administered. Also, even a little discipline with Chi Kung goes a long way in terms of pain management.

alan k

Pauline on 7/25/00 at 20:57 (023958)

Hi Cindy,
I hope you wrote to the pain site I sent you. Recently they
addressed a nerve entrapment problem using a cryoprobe to freeze the nerve. I know this is not the same problem you have, but its asking
about this type of information that may bring you relief. One
question or new word leads to another and you may find an answer. I think of it as detective work. Hang in there this board is a good
place for you to vent. The one thing I think about is 'am I the
only one with this problem' For me I can answer no --- I don't know
your answer and that may be something worth finding out. How rare is the problem you have. Who else did they treat and what were the
results. Maybe there is another case out there that can provide answers for you.

alan k on 7/25/00 at 13:33 (023900)

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I would suggest alternative healing practices, as long as they are not too flaky. I am just saying this because it seems as though you are at the end of what regular medical science can do. However, I would continue searching with physicians to see if there still isn't something you might try. After that, perhaps acupuncture and yoga or chi kung could help. Especially chi kung which can be miraculous, but requires a lot of discipline and practice. At least it is non invasive and completely self-administered. Also, even a little discipline with Chi Kung goes a long way in terms of pain management.

alan k

Pauline on 7/25/00 at 20:57 (023958)

Hi Cindy,
I hope you wrote to the pain site I sent you. Recently they
addressed a nerve entrapment problem using a cryoprobe to freeze the nerve. I know this is not the same problem you have, but its asking
about this type of information that may bring you relief. One
question or new word leads to another and you may find an answer. I think of it as detective work. Hang in there this board is a good
place for you to vent. The one thing I think about is 'am I the
only one with this problem' For me I can answer no --- I don't know
your answer and that may be something worth finding out. How rare is the problem you have. Who else did they treat and what were the
results. Maybe there is another case out there that can provide answers for you.