Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF OK, Knee better too, I'm forgiven again!

Posted by April on 7/25/00 at 13:33 (023901)

OK, my PF is OK and my sore knee is on the mend! I'll give it till I have three days with absolutely no pain and I'll resume just bike and walking on the treadmill for awhile. I'll be good! I'll stretch, do weights and I won't do lunges...
BUTT in all seriousness, how the heck are you supposed to work the gluts if you can't bend or put weight on the feet? How about easy stair climbing? There are four flights of stairs in my house. Oh yes, thanks for the tips folks!

Re: PF OK, Knee better too, I'm forgiven again!

Rock on 7/25/00 at 15:25 (023916)

April,

The bike will work your glutes plenty enough. You could gradually add a bit of stairmaster or eliptical trainer. The key is to slowly introduce the body to the new activity and carefully evaluate whether you get any day after pains.

Rock.

Re: PF OK, Knee better too, I'm forgiven again! Reply to Rock

April on 7/26/00 at 13:38 (024015)

You're right Rock. I have to reintroduce slowly. I know I'm capable of going 10 minutes hard on the stairmaster but I really shouldn't. This time, 2 minutes of EASY bike and stairmaster to start. You know, I think I've overtrained some muscles so when I work them in a new way the strong ones basically rip the weak ones. Just a theory.

Re: PF OK, Knee better too, I'm forgiven again!

Rock on 7/25/00 at 15:25 (023916)

April,

The bike will work your glutes plenty enough. You could gradually add a bit of stairmaster or eliptical trainer. The key is to slowly introduce the body to the new activity and carefully evaluate whether you get any day after pains.

Rock.

Re: PF OK, Knee better too, I'm forgiven again! Reply to Rock

April on 7/26/00 at 13:38 (024015)

You're right Rock. I have to reintroduce slowly. I know I'm capable of going 10 minutes hard on the stairmaster but I really shouldn't. This time, 2 minutes of EASY bike and stairmaster to start. You know, I think I've overtrained some muscles so when I work them in a new way the strong ones basically rip the weak ones. Just a theory.