Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

In and Out of Pain

Posted by Bob G. on 7/26/00 at 00:48 (023968)

Here's my update. Progress has been made after two days of pain. Now back to pain-free. Here's what works for me:

I am wearing my NightSplint and StrassburgSock together. Adding my Birkenstock arch support (in the NightSplint) for comfort PLUS wearing an Ace knee brace for knee/leg security. The whole contraption is remarkably comfortable to sleep in.

In my dream last night I also wore a chest protector and face mask. I called a no-hitter with Keving Brown on the mound and stole home for the game winner. The Schmidts were in the stands rooting for the Padres. I woke up to reality well rested and no pain out of bed.

I am exercising with my FootFlex often carefully stretching the calf muscles. I took a walk on the beach today, enjoyed watching the pelicans dive for fish, and ended the last fifty yards with a very gentle jog (yes!) in soft sand (huffing and puffing as if doing Mt. Everest with no oxygen!). Got home, cooled down, gentle stretch, iced feet and knees, then hot bath for the knees, then quickly back into knee braces and shoes with arch supports and careful rest...whew! what a day...

Re: In and Out of Pain

Rock on 7/26/00 at 09:01 (023979)

Bob G.,

It sounds like your multi-faceted is working !

Keep doing it.

Rock.

JudyS on 7/26/00 at 09:57 (023988)

so.......I'm wondering if Dr. Freud would deduce that you wish you were a Schmidt? But then, I hear the Schmidt's are bitter about Mr. Brown and would NEVER pay money to go see him throw the ball...
I told you you'd take control of your more recent PF stuff, didn't I?Good for you and good for your continued positive role-modeling.

Rock on 7/26/00 at 09:01 (023979)

Bob G.,

It sounds like your multi-faceted is working !

Keep doing it.

Rock.

JudyS on 7/26/00 at 09:57 (023988)

so.......I'm wondering if Dr. Freud would deduce that you wish you were a Schmidt? But then, I hear the Schmidt's are bitter about Mr. Brown and would NEVER pay money to go see him throw the ball...
I told you you'd take control of your more recent PF stuff, didn't I?Good for you and good for your continued positive role-modeling.