Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I found some great shoes in the men's department.

Posted by Kim B. on 7/26/00 at 12:23 (024005)

My husband told me a while back that the TX shoes he had bought were the most comfortable he has ever had. I thought 'well good for you, and your non-PF feet.'

I was in the shoe stores again yesterday, feeding my obsession to find shoes that help, not hurt the PF situation. I tried on shoes to the point of major arch aggrevation. I walk around the store wearing them for a while, if they pass that test then I bring them home and walk around my house in them for awhile. If they are still comfortable and supportive, THEN I will wear them out into the real world. So, my husband was right, PF or no PF, these TX shoes are great.

OK here is what I got, at FAMOUS FOOTWEAR I got a pair of TX Traction, Discovery, Brown 704-00. $59.99 I got pair from the Men's side (size 7) because they didn't have my size in the women's, plus they give me more toe room anyway. I have a wide, duckshaped foot. Men's shoes seem to agree with my feet.

Anyway, these shoes are great!! Very PF friendly. They're slip-ons, like dock-siders. I am not pain free, but not hurting like I was yesterday after all the shoe shopping. I expected to be flaired up pretty bad today, but these shoes seem to be keeping things to a minimum. I'm not going to press my luck though. My husband also has a pair of White tennis/athletic shoes made by these guys. I plan on getting a pair if I can find them in my size.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: More Good News about the TX Traction shoes

Kim B. on 7/26/00 at 15:22 (024021)

Wow, I went back to Famous Footwear to try on a pair of the TX Traction cross training althletic shoes. They had them in a size that fits me, so I bought them. (39.95!)

While I was there, I got the salesperson's opinion on the fit of the brown TX Traction slip-ons I was wearing that I had bought at a different location, just yesterday. She said that I didn't leave enough room at the toe and I should go up a half of size. I said, well will they let me exchange them even though I've worn them out on concrete? She said YES.

As a matter of fact she went on to explain that TX traction shoes come with an unconditional 90 day money back guarantee, you can return for $$ or exchange them for a different shoes for any reason, bad fit, wearing problems, anything. That would include the footbed not holding up, I assume.

You guys should check out the TX Traction shoes. They have a patented footbed and they team up with other manufactures to come up with different styles, etc. Be sure you see the TX Traction name on them, and inquire about the 90 gaurantee. So far I like the discovery slip on and the Cross training tennis shoe. I also got the TX Men's sandal but have decided that it doesh't offer the arch support I need, so I will probably return them. All the TX shoes have a very comfy heel pad btw.

Regards, Kim B.

JudyS on 7/26/00 at 21:16 (024059)

Kim, I've been reading your info re: TX shoes and it has me intrigued...I know you've said, probably countless times, but just once more....what 'kind' of arches do you have?

Re: Judy,

Kim B. on 7/26/00 at 23:49 (024070)

I'm pretty sure I 'normal' arches. But I am one of the ones who prefers a soft supportive footbed. I can't handle anything hard pressing up against my arch like rigid footbeds or orthotics. But I definately need to have some support there. The TX traction shoes have a unique patented footbed that seems to agree with my feet very well so far. It has a wonderful heel cushion built in too. I am the kind that can tell early on if my feet like a shoe or not. And the 90 day money back guarantee is a win/win situation for folks like us, so I like to see this kind of shoe manufacturer get the recognition it deserves. I know it won't be the perfect shoe for everyone, but if you have a Famous Footwear store near you check 'me out. I haven't even tried to do an internet search on 'TX Traction' to see if they have a site. Maybe they have a site that tells of other shoe dealers that cary their product.

Regards, Kim B.

Kim B. on 7/26/00 at 15:22 (024021)

Wow, I went back to Famous Footwear to try on a pair of the TX Traction cross training althletic shoes. They had them in a size that fits me, so I bought them. (39.95!)

While I was there, I got the salesperson's opinion on the fit of the brown TX Traction slip-ons I was wearing that I had bought at a different location, just yesterday. She said that I didn't leave enough room at the toe and I should go up a half of size. I said, well will they let me exchange them even though I've worn them out on concrete? She said YES.

As a matter of fact she went on to explain that TX traction shoes come with an unconditional 90 day money back guarantee, you can return for $$ or exchange them for a different shoes for any reason, bad fit, wearing problems, anything. That would include the footbed not holding up, I assume.

You guys should check out the TX Traction shoes. They have a patented footbed and they team up with other manufactures to come up with different styles, etc. Be sure you see the TX Traction name on them, and inquire about the 90 gaurantee. So far I like the discovery slip on and the Cross training tennis shoe. I also got the TX Men's sandal but have decided that it doesh't offer the arch support I need, so I will probably return them. All the TX shoes have a very comfy heel pad btw.

Regards, Kim B.

JudyS on 7/26/00 at 21:16 (024059)

Kim, I've been reading your info re: TX shoes and it has me intrigued...I know you've said, probably countless times, but just once more....what 'kind' of arches do you have?

Re: Judy,

Kim B. on 7/26/00 at 23:49 (024070)

I'm pretty sure I 'normal' arches. But I am one of the ones who prefers a soft supportive footbed. I can't handle anything hard pressing up against my arch like rigid footbeds or orthotics. But I definately need to have some support there. The TX traction shoes have a unique patented footbed that seems to agree with my feet very well so far. It has a wonderful heel cushion built in too. I am the kind that can tell early on if my feet like a shoe or not. And the 90 day money back guarantee is a win/win situation for folks like us, so I like to see this kind of shoe manufacturer get the recognition it deserves. I know it won't be the perfect shoe for everyone, but if you have a Famous Footwear store near you check 'me out. I haven't even tried to do an internet search on 'TX Traction' to see if they have a site. Maybe they have a site that tells of other shoe dealers that cary their product.

Regards, Kim B.