Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For those interested in chiropractic care for feet...

Posted by Barbara S. on 7/26/00 at 16:27 (024035)

This is a link to the article that got me thinking about chiro care for my feet - and ended up helping me walk again. I have received E-mail about it and thought that posting it might be helpful. ART is a specific chiropractic therapy designed to break up scar tissue from repetitive stress injuries (like PF). It is a form of myofascial release. This article explains the whole process very well. As I mentioned before, I thought chiropractic care was quackery until I reached the end of my rope with every conservative treatment imaginable. Tie a knot at the end of your rope and hang on! B.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/MensHealth/menshealth_33.html

Re: For those interested in chiropractic care for feet...

PattyS on 7/26/00 at 17:08 (024036)

Barbara, I saw Dr. Leahy's brother in San Jose last spring and I totally credit my success to that. Patty

Laurie R on 7/26/00 at 20:49 (024055)

Hi Patty ,
I live right by San Jose CA ,is that where you are talking about? If so can I PLEASE have the doctor name and phone number. Thank you so much Laurie R

Re: Phone number from Dr. Joe Leahy

Barbara S. on 7/26/00 at 20:56 (024057)

This message came to me from Dr. Joe the ART guru:

To find a certified ART practitioner in your area, call Mike's office at #719-473-7000. Best of luck in your search for help. ART should be of great assistance to you for plantar fascitis.

Dr. Joe

JudyS on 7/26/00 at 21:21 (024060)

I mentioned earlier as well as a couple of months ago that I benefited greatly from ART. But you may have a hard time finding a local Chiro who does it! I was referred to mine by Dr. Leahy in ...Denver? Someone here has his phone number I think. He's one of two brothers who developed the method.

PattyS on 7/26/00 at 23:52 (024071)

Laurie,
Dr. Joseph Leahy is in San Jose, CA. (Near Good Sam. Hospital/85 and 17). His phone # is 408 358 7900. Good luck with it. He got me in right away and I saw him for a little over 2 weeks, 3x a week. Patty

Laurie R on 7/27/00 at 11:30 (024093)

Hi Patty,
Thank you so much for the number,I will give him a call.Laurie R

PattyS on 7/26/00 at 17:08 (024036)

Barbara, I saw Dr. Leahy's brother in San Jose last spring and I totally credit my success to that. Patty

Laurie R on 7/26/00 at 20:49 (024055)

Hi Patty ,
I live right by San Jose CA ,is that where you are talking about? If so can I PLEASE have the doctor name and phone number. Thank you so much Laurie R

Re: Phone number from Dr. Joe Leahy

Barbara S. on 7/26/00 at 20:56 (024057)

This message came to me from Dr. Joe the ART guru:

To find a certified ART practitioner in your area, call Mike's office at #719-473-7000. Best of luck in your search for help. ART should be of great assistance to you for plantar fascitis.

Dr. Joe

JudyS on 7/26/00 at 21:21 (024060)

I mentioned earlier as well as a couple of months ago that I benefited greatly from ART. But you may have a hard time finding a local Chiro who does it! I was referred to mine by Dr. Leahy in ...Denver? Someone here has his phone number I think. He's one of two brothers who developed the method.

PattyS on 7/26/00 at 23:52 (024071)

Laurie,
Dr. Joseph Leahy is in San Jose, CA. (Near Good Sam. Hospital/85 and 17). His phone # is 408 358 7900. Good luck with it. He got me in right away and I saw him for a little over 2 weeks, 3x a week. Patty

Laurie R on 7/27/00 at 11:30 (024093)

Hi Patty,
Thank you so much for the number,I will give him a call.Laurie R