Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OssaTron--Anesthesia

Posted by Victor on 7/27/00 at 10:30 (024087)

I'm considering OssaTron treatments, and I heard anesthesia is required. Could somebody explain how the anesthesia is administered and what the name of the anesthesia is?
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Re: OssaTron--Anesthesia

Martha B. on 7/27/00 at 12:43 (024102)

Victor-I went to Toronto and they first rubbed some sort of cream on the area to be injected and left it for 45 minutes prior to getting the block.The block was straight up from the ankle about halfway between the knee and ankle.Then after another wait Dr. Galea injected into the arch and foot. Neither injection was painful for me. Previous CORTISONE injections were 1000 times worse. As to the type of anesthesia, I would guess it was a lidocaine type-I really didn't ask since painless was all I was concerned about.lol
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: OssaTron--Anesthesia

Martha B. on 7/27/00 at 12:43 (024102)

Victor-I went to Toronto and they first rubbed some sort of cream on the area to be injected and left it for 45 minutes prior to getting the block.The block was straight up from the ankle about halfway between the knee and ankle.Then after another wait Dr. Galea injected into the arch and foot. Neither injection was painful for me. Previous CORTISONE injections were 1000 times worse. As to the type of anesthesia, I would guess it was a lidocaine type-I really didn't ask since painless was all I was concerned about.lol
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: