Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question re using FootFlex - unable to raise the toeplate at all - anxious to try it!!!

Posted by Helen K. on 7/27/00 at 11:03 (024091)

Hi Everyone!

I just received FootFlex yesterday. The instructions say to 'raise the toeplate to the first slot'. I have tried everything I can think of to raise the toeplate, but it just won't budge. The instructions don't say anything about 'how' to raise the toeplate. Has anyone else had this problem?? I do see that there are notches at the toe and side areas, but those don't help me move the toeplate at all.

If anyone can tell me how to raise the toeplate, I would really appreciate it. I am eager to try FootFlex, but right now, it's just a flat piece of plastic.

(I have E-mailed selfsourse asking for help, but have not gotten any response.)

Thanks!
Helen

Re: Received E-Mail from Self Source with Help

Helen K. on 7/27/00 at 13:39 (024105)

I received an anser from Self Source by E-mail. Here's their response (and it worked):

Because of the manufacturing process (mold injection), the FootFlex comes with the front of it tightly closed. Use a flat head screwdriver to pry open the FootFlex, and inside you will see a metal bar as well the notches.

In answer to your second question the FootFlex can be used either in bare feet or in flexible shoes. Which ever you prefer.

Regards,

Scott Dvorak
Webmaster
SelfSource, Inc.

Re: FootFlex

Bob G. on 7/28/00 at 00:22 (024136)

Hello Helen,

I love my FootFlex, the unsung hero of PF recovery. I use it often everyday and take it everywhere I go.

My parents also use the FootFlex and it helps my Dad's sense of balance. He has AT and Sciatica.

I stretch a few seconds bent leg and same straight leg a few times. Very careful to stretch very gently. Takes half a minute. Do this often throughout the day. BG

Helen K. on 7/28/00 at 09:15 (024147)

Thanks Bob,

That's good to hear. I will post how it's working for me once I've tried it for a little while. I've only tried it once so far. I didn't really feel much of a stretch yet, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be.

Thansk again and take care,
Helen

Re: Received E-Mail from Self Source with Help

Helen K. on 7/27/00 at 13:39 (024105)

I received an anser from Self Source by E-mail. Here's their response (and it worked):

Because of the manufacturing process (mold injection), the FootFlex comes with the front of it tightly closed. Use a flat head screwdriver to pry open the FootFlex, and inside you will see a metal bar as well the notches.

In answer to your second question the FootFlex can be used either in bare feet or in flexible shoes. Which ever you prefer.

Regards,

Scott Dvorak
Webmaster
SelfSource, Inc.

Bob G. on 7/28/00 at 00:22 (024136)

Hello Helen,

I love my FootFlex, the unsung hero of PF recovery. I use it often everyday and take it everywhere I go.

My parents also use the FootFlex and it helps my Dad's sense of balance. He has AT and Sciatica.

I stretch a few seconds bent leg and same straight leg a few times. Very careful to stretch very gently. Takes half a minute. Do this often throughout the day. BG

Helen K. on 7/28/00 at 09:15 (024147)

Thanks Bob,

That's good to hear. I will post how it's working for me once I've tried it for a little while. I've only tried it once so far. I didn't really feel much of a stretch yet, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be.

Thansk again and take care,
Helen