Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thought I was getting better!

Posted by KellyR on 7/27/00 at 15:05 (024111)

With inserts, my right foot actually started to improve. BUt I left them in my golf shoes at a friend's house and didn't have them for a week. It set me back about 6 months in healing time, so I have to start all over again! I really hate not being able to wear sandals or heels (well maybe not heels). I play darts a lot which puts all the weight on my right foot, after a night of throwing I can hardly walk the next day. The only things I've found that help a little is a night cast and a good stretching when I wake up. This has got to be the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced!

Re: Thought I was getting better!

Steve P on 7/27/00 at 19:26 (024119)

Kelly --- Frustrating is indeed the word! Let's hope you really haven't been set back 6 months. If you get on top of your program & work at it diligently, I would hope you can turn things around a lot faster than that.
In recent years I've always had 2 sets of orthotics on hand to allow for loss, breakage, etc.
Good luck & we all hope you'll be back on track soon!

Rock on 7/28/00 at 08:20 (024140)

Steve,

Yes, having spare orthotics is really good idea. Any good orthotics shop can copy your orthotics quickly for $80-$100. A few months ago, I sent mine to

P and K Orthotics
6128 Enterprise Drive
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
(800-798-3598)

And got a good pair of copies back in less than a week. Of course, during that week I had to wear my 'old' orthotics to avoid getting re-injured. I think it cost me $120.

Rock.

Steve P on 7/27/00 at 19:26 (024119)

Kelly --- Frustrating is indeed the word! Let's hope you really haven't been set back 6 months. If you get on top of your program & work at it diligently, I would hope you can turn things around a lot faster than that.
In recent years I've always had 2 sets of orthotics on hand to allow for loss, breakage, etc.
Good luck & we all hope you'll be back on track soon!

Rock on 7/28/00 at 08:20 (024140)

Steve,

Yes, having spare orthotics is really good idea. Any good orthotics shop can copy your orthotics quickly for $80-$100. A few months ago, I sent mine to

P and K Orthotics
6128 Enterprise Drive
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
(800-798-3598)

And got a good pair of copies back in less than a week. Of course, during that week I had to wear my 'old' orthotics to avoid getting re-injured. I think it cost me $120.

Rock.