Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bio-sole-gels inserts and a source for good prices on running shoes

Posted by buckethead on 7/28/00 at 11:55 (024164)

i'm looking for good prices on insoles made by bio-sole and brooks running shoes since having to deal with PF can you reccomend sources? thx

Re: bio-sole-gels inserts and a source for good prices on running shoes

Nancy S. on 7/28/00 at 12:27 (024167)

Dear Buckethead (I love it),
I used the biosole full-length inserts for a while. Got them at a local medical-supply store (in Maine) for $25. They were the best otc inserts I bought, but in the end they too bothered my arch. I have a normal arch -- if you have a high one, maybe they'd be just right for you.
Ok, I hope this info. helps you, Buckethead.
--Nancy S.

ChuckC on 7/29/00 at 10:34 (024226)

I get most of my running shoes from Road Runner Sports. They sell over the internet and have very good prices under their close outs and spectacular savings sections. About every other week I receive an e-mail from them offering an additional 10 or 15% discount. To get that discount you must signup to receive the e-mails. It is free and you can do it on their web site.

The only draw-back is that you must know your shoe size for the particular brand and model. There seems to be no standardization. I wear a size 10 street shoe, but a size 11 in most Asics, and a 11 1/2 in some Nikes. In others I am closer to size 10 1/2.

Nancy S. on 7/28/00 at 12:27 (024167)

Dear Buckethead (I love it),
I used the biosole full-length inserts for a while. Got them at a local medical-supply store (in Maine) for $25. They were the best otc inserts I bought, but in the end they too bothered my arch. I have a normal arch -- if you have a high one, maybe they'd be just right for you.
Ok, I hope this info. helps you, Buckethead.
--Nancy S.

ChuckC on 7/29/00 at 10:34 (024226)

I get most of my running shoes from Road Runner Sports. They sell over the internet and have very good prices under their close outs and spectacular savings sections. About every other week I receive an e-mail from them offering an additional 10 or 15% discount. To get that discount you must signup to receive the e-mails. It is free and you can do it on their web site.

The only draw-back is that you must know your shoe size for the particular brand and model. There seems to be no standardization. I wear a size 10 street shoe, but a size 11 in most Asics, and a 11 1/2 in some Nikes. In others I am closer to size 10 1/2.