Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ANOTHER ? ABOUT FLAT FEET AND SHOES

Posted by Kathy on 7/29/00 at 21:38 (024265)

Can anyone recomend a shoe for flat feet? I didn't know they were flat until pod. told me, I've lived in an old pair of new balance and every pair I've bought after that has hurt or rubbed. I've tried the Birks and they killed me in the arch. My old comfortable ones are now starting to rub right under the ankle bone which is something new. Had an almost pain-free 2 months and am now back to hobbling around. Sorry I'm rambling, It's late and I'm discouraged.

Re: ANOTHER ? ABOUT FLAT FEET AND SHOES

Bob G. on 7/29/00 at 22:10 (024267)

Hello Kathy,

Maybe a Podiathrist (I know my spelling is off) can come up with a solution. You may need a correct fit. BG

Kathy on 7/30/00 at 08:54 (024282)

Is there a Birk that would fit and feel good on a flat arch? if so what is the name of the Birk? I've bought pappillo (they hurt) and tried on the arizona and it felt the same. Just wondering, thanks

wendyn on 7/30/00 at 11:27 (024286)

I wear Florida and Monteray. I have flat feet too. You really have to try them on - but not everyone can wear birks.

Betsy P on 7/30/00 at 15:39 (024298)

I have extremely flat feet...born with them. I bought a pair of birks a few weeks ago and wondered if I was breaking in the shoe or my foot. It killed my arch...so much so I almost forgot the heel pain. But, I kept on wearing them, slowly adding more time until now when the only time they are not on my feet are when I'm in bed or in the shower. I think it just depends on the kind of Birks and the person.

Mary Ann on 7/30/00 at 21:17 (024321)

I tried the Boston Birks and couldn't wear them. It was a little hard in the arch but bothered me most in the heel on the lateral side. But I found a pair of Dexter Walkmocs, Flori, that I wear all the time. I have a very flat arch on my PF foot. This shoe doesn't have a high arch pad but it works well for me.

Bob G. on 7/29/00 at 22:10 (024267)

Hello Kathy,

Maybe a Podiathrist (I know my spelling is off) can come up with a solution. You may need a correct fit. BG

Kathy on 7/30/00 at 08:54 (024282)

Is there a Birk that would fit and feel good on a flat arch? if so what is the name of the Birk? I've bought pappillo (they hurt) and tried on the arizona and it felt the same. Just wondering, thanks

wendyn on 7/30/00 at 11:27 (024286)

I wear Florida and Monteray. I have flat feet too. You really have to try them on - but not everyone can wear birks.

Betsy P on 7/30/00 at 15:39 (024298)

I have extremely flat feet...born with them. I bought a pair of birks a few weeks ago and wondered if I was breaking in the shoe or my foot. It killed my arch...so much so I almost forgot the heel pain. But, I kept on wearing them, slowly adding more time until now when the only time they are not on my feet are when I'm in bed or in the shower. I think it just depends on the kind of Birks and the person.

Mary Ann on 7/30/00 at 21:17 (024321)

I tried the Boston Birks and couldn't wear them. It was a little hard in the arch but bothered me most in the heel on the lateral side. But I found a pair of Dexter Walkmocs, Flori, that I wear all the time. I have a very flat arch on my PF foot. This shoe doesn't have a high arch pad but it works well for me.