Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Question.....Looking for answers

Posted by Kathy on 7/30/00 at 20:18 (024315)

Has anyone had the ESWT done by Dr. Weil in the Chicago area? That is about the closest to Michigan I can find, also is the ESWT procedure covered under any insurance? I have an HMO, if not what is the cost? Will anyone be contacting Dr. Ehrlich in New York about his clinical trial? I think I will contact him and see what they have to say, We could all get accepted and go together now wouldn't that be fun. We could gimp around New York.

Re: ESWT Question.....Looking for answers

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/30/00 at 20:37 (024316)

I looked at the web site for the orthowave. This is a spark gap technology machine just like the ossatron and orbasone. It looked like a very well made machine. In my opinion palpation is very important in determining whether the procedure will help but there is a laser pointer and the ability to use fluroscopic x-ray with this machine. So I would look into this. Even though I have the place to use the orbasone now in New York area, I still will always advice anyone no matter where they get the procedure and who performs the procedure. I know Dr. Weil and he uses the orbasone just like me.
He has been using the orbasone about as long as I have so he has alot of experience in both the use of the machine and with the treatment and diagnosis of PF. I hope this helps you

john h on 8/01/00 at 16:38 (024350)

i have talked to dr. weil and he does use the orbasone. he puts his patients under while dr zuckerman uses a local.

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/30/00 at 20:37 (024316)

I looked at the web site for the orthowave. This is a spark gap technology machine just like the ossatron and orbasone. It looked like a very well made machine. In my opinion palpation is very important in determining whether the procedure will help but there is a laser pointer and the ability to use fluroscopic x-ray with this machine. So I would look into this. Even though I have the place to use the orbasone now in New York area, I still will always advice anyone no matter where they get the procedure and who performs the procedure. I know Dr. Weil and he uses the orbasone just like me.
He has been using the orbasone about as long as I have so he has alot of experience in both the use of the machine and with the treatment and diagnosis of PF. I hope this helps you

john h on 8/01/00 at 16:38 (024350)

i have talked to dr. weil and he does use the orbasone. he puts his patients under while dr zuckerman uses a local.