Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

internet connection still very spotty

Posted by Scott R on 8/01/00 at 14:10 (024332)

Please don't email me until after August 8th.

=====================
Hi,
This a response to everyone who emailed about the site being down. It's a long story: 'technical difficulties' and 'my ignorance' and 'bad service from my host provider' having to do with my attempt to add tenniselbow.ws domain to my existing heelspurs.com domain. The site is now back up and working.

Re: internet connection still very spotty

Suzi D on 8/01/00 at 15:02 (024340)

Thanks for your hard work Scott. Adding tennis elbow, huh? Well, I guess there's room for those poor people too. Actually I had that cured by visiting a chiropractor. one visit! if pf were only that simple...

Laurie R on 8/01/00 at 15:20 (024342)

Hi Scott,
Thank you so much for your hard work.Boy we sure missed the board it seemed longer than just 2 days. Glad it is back thank you again.......Laurie R

john h on 8/01/00 at 16:30 (024349)

i found out that i am addicted to the board. my browser indicated i was 'blocked' from the site. my first thought was that i had done something offensive and had been kicked off.

Lori E. on 8/01/00 at 16:38 (024351)

John,
I thought the same thing! I talked to my techy husband and he told me that I hadn't done anything wrong, that it must be the web connection with the site. So I just kept trying periodically. I admit that I too am addicted to the message board and was wondering how everyone was doing. I am glad it's back. Thanks for all your hard work Scott. I hope that since I am here, the glitch is fixed.

suzi on 8/01/00 at 17:04 (024357)

I too thought I had been officially kicked off the board. Perhaps scott should add a section for 'paranoid people!!!'

wendyn on 8/01/00 at 17:33 (024364)

I thought that security at work had blocked me from the website because I sometimes access it from work. Thought my pink slip would be showing up any minute.

BJC on 8/01/00 at 17:48 (024367)

My message said I was 'forbidden' to enter the site!

Nancy S. on 8/01/00 at 18:14 (024370)

I thought I was kicked off for getting Achilles tendonitis and not paying enough attention to my PF. (kidding)

john h on 8/01/00 at 18:43 (024376)

i figured you were kicked off for wearing toe rings wendy however they looked good on Cher!

john h on 8/01/00 at 18:45 (024377)

i think it is telling that so many of us thought we had been kicked off. i do not know what it tells us but must be some message here. i was forced to communicate with my wife more than usual----

Scott R on 8/01/00 at 18:56 (024379)

No, toe rings would get her everywhere.

For future reference (to help decrease paranoia), I've only blocked one person from the site and that was for direct advertising too much here.

Barbara on 8/01/00 at 19:33 (024386)

Scott,

I sincerely appreciate your attempt to include tennis elbow on your site. I have had it for almost 2 years now and no other site on the web offers for elbows what your site does for PF. I've discovered, while reading all the posts on this board, that when a person suffers from one type of tendon problem, there are usually other tendon problems as well. I've had tendonitis in my wrists, elbows, shoulders and now in my feet.

wendyn on 8/01/00 at 19:59 (024391)

Scott - now I know just how to get to you. Hairy legs and toe rings. Hmmmmmm. I think I'll just leave that alone. Hmmmmm. :)

What a paranoid bunch we are. But - I have never received a message that said ACCESS FORBIDDEN. I really thought that work security had finally cracked down on me.

Re: An addicted type A reaction...

Beverly on 8/02/00 at 01:23 (024420)

In my true type A fashion, I blamed it on my computer... actually on my server. I had decided that if it lasted more than a week, I'd switch over to something simple like AOL.

I too, discovered that I am both addicted to our Board and co-dependent. My parinoid self was not concerned that I had been kicked off. Instead, I was worried that someone would post me a message. I wouldn't see it. Wouldn't get to answer it, and you all would think I was either very rude or had been suddenly cured and forgotten everyone's name.

Scott, that's great about the tennis elbow site. Keep us posted. I've had that off and on too... fortunately not anywhere near as bad as the PF. In fact, I've pulled so many things over the last couple of years, I often wonder what the connection is.

Beverly

PS: I see we have a new Beverly on the board. I may try to think up a new name for myself so we don't mix each other up.

Nancy S. on 8/02/00 at 05:56 (024428)

The way my 'notice' was worded was really personal and final! Something like 'The publisher has forbidden you access to this site. It probably will not help to keep trying.' Sometimes I really love the webtv set-up.

Suzi D on 8/01/00 at 15:02 (024340)

Thanks for your hard work Scott. Adding tennis elbow, huh? Well, I guess there's room for those poor people too. Actually I had that cured by visiting a chiropractor. one visit! if pf were only that simple...

Laurie R on 8/01/00 at 15:20 (024342)

Hi Scott,
Thank you so much for your hard work.Boy we sure missed the board it seemed longer than just 2 days. Glad it is back thank you again.......Laurie R

john h on 8/01/00 at 16:30 (024349)

i found out that i am addicted to the board. my browser indicated i was 'blocked' from the site. my first thought was that i had done something offensive and had been kicked off.

Lori E. on 8/01/00 at 16:38 (024351)

John,
I thought the same thing! I talked to my techy husband and he told me that I hadn't done anything wrong, that it must be the web connection with the site. So I just kept trying periodically. I admit that I too am addicted to the message board and was wondering how everyone was doing. I am glad it's back. Thanks for all your hard work Scott. I hope that since I am here, the glitch is fixed.

suzi on 8/01/00 at 17:04 (024357)

I too thought I had been officially kicked off the board. Perhaps scott should add a section for 'paranoid people!!!'

wendyn on 8/01/00 at 17:33 (024364)

I thought that security at work had blocked me from the website because I sometimes access it from work. Thought my pink slip would be showing up any minute.

BJC on 8/01/00 at 17:48 (024367)

My message said I was 'forbidden' to enter the site!

Nancy S. on 8/01/00 at 18:14 (024370)

I thought I was kicked off for getting Achilles tendonitis and not paying enough attention to my PF. (kidding)

john h on 8/01/00 at 18:43 (024376)

i figured you were kicked off for wearing toe rings wendy however they looked good on Cher!

john h on 8/01/00 at 18:45 (024377)

i think it is telling that so many of us thought we had been kicked off. i do not know what it tells us but must be some message here. i was forced to communicate with my wife more than usual----

Scott R on 8/01/00 at 18:56 (024379)

No, toe rings would get her everywhere.

For future reference (to help decrease paranoia), I've only blocked one person from the site and that was for direct advertising too much here.

Barbara on 8/01/00 at 19:33 (024386)

Scott,

I sincerely appreciate your attempt to include tennis elbow on your site. I have had it for almost 2 years now and no other site on the web offers for elbows what your site does for PF. I've discovered, while reading all the posts on this board, that when a person suffers from one type of tendon problem, there are usually other tendon problems as well. I've had tendonitis in my wrists, elbows, shoulders and now in my feet.

wendyn on 8/01/00 at 19:59 (024391)

Scott - now I know just how to get to you. Hairy legs and toe rings. Hmmmmmm. I think I'll just leave that alone. Hmmmmm. :)

What a paranoid bunch we are. But - I have never received a message that said ACCESS FORBIDDEN. I really thought that work security had finally cracked down on me.

Re: An addicted type A reaction...

Beverly on 8/02/00 at 01:23 (024420)

In my true type A fashion, I blamed it on my computer... actually on my server. I had decided that if it lasted more than a week, I'd switch over to something simple like AOL.

I too, discovered that I am both addicted to our Board and co-dependent. My parinoid self was not concerned that I had been kicked off. Instead, I was worried that someone would post me a message. I wouldn't see it. Wouldn't get to answer it, and you all would think I was either very rude or had been suddenly cured and forgotten everyone's name.

Scott, that's great about the tennis elbow site. Keep us posted. I've had that off and on too... fortunately not anywhere near as bad as the PF. In fact, I've pulled so many things over the last couple of years, I often wonder what the connection is.

Beverly

PS: I see we have a new Beverly on the board. I may try to think up a new name for myself so we don't mix each other up.

Nancy S. on 8/02/00 at 05:56 (024428)

The way my 'notice' was worded was really personal and final! Something like 'The publisher has forbidden you access to this site. It probably will not help to keep trying.' Sometimes I really love the webtv set-up.