Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OssaTron for tennis elbow?

Posted by Scott R on 8/01/00 at 18:58 (024380)

Someone told me today that orthopedic surgeons will be allowed to use the OssaTron for tennis elbow. I suppose that means it just can't be advertised for it. Is it true? If so, it could open up some interesting possibilities for heelspurs.com and my upcoming site tenniselbow.ws
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: OssaTron for tennis elbow?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/01/00 at 19:06 (024381)

My office has used the orabsone for tennis elbow without a local anesthesia. I can't advice on the sucess, too early in my office. The literature talks alot about this. The way my office started using the orbasone for tennis elbow was that I did the procedure on a friend who is a doctor he did so well that he now uses my orbasone machine for the elbow and shoulder.

Barbara on 8/01/00 at 19:17 (024384)

I am so glad to hear your're starting a tennis elbow site. I've had it for almost 2 years now. My Otho told me that when the Ossatron is approved for PF, that doctors can use it for whatever part of the body they want. It's their choice. Sounded kind of weird to me. If doctors can do whatever they want, why bother having trials for other indictions? I know that the Ossatron is undergoing trials for tennis elbow at several hospitals now. When I spoke with a rep at Healthtronics, I was told that it would probably take another year before they get approval for tennis elbow indication.

David L on 8/02/00 at 11:58 (024440)

FYI, Siemens is currently undergoing FDA trials for their Sonocur ESWT device. The trials are taking place in 4 U.S. cities and they are studying the effects of ESWT on tennis elbow.
For further information on this study, see:
http://www.sonorex.com/usa/files/company/press.html
Sincerely,
David E. Lowy
Vice President, Canada
Sonorex Therapy Centers http://www.sonorex.com Toll Free 1 877 766-6287
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex

Barbara on 8/02/00 at 12:53 (024446)

Thanks for the info. I live in NY and have an appointment for tomorrow at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx to see if I can be a candidate for the Orthowave study for tennis elbow.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/01/00 at 19:06 (024381)

My office has used the orabsone for tennis elbow without a local anesthesia. I can't advice on the sucess, too early in my office. The literature talks alot about this. The way my office started using the orbasone for tennis elbow was that I did the procedure on a friend who is a doctor he did so well that he now uses my orbasone machine for the elbow and shoulder.

Barbara on 8/01/00 at 19:17 (024384)

I am so glad to hear your're starting a tennis elbow site. I've had it for almost 2 years now. My Otho told me that when the Ossatron is approved for PF, that doctors can use it for whatever part of the body they want. It's their choice. Sounded kind of weird to me. If doctors can do whatever they want, why bother having trials for other indictions? I know that the Ossatron is undergoing trials for tennis elbow at several hospitals now. When I spoke with a rep at Healthtronics, I was told that it would probably take another year before they get approval for tennis elbow indication.

David L on 8/02/00 at 11:58 (024440)

FYI, Siemens is currently undergoing FDA trials for their Sonocur ESWT device. The trials are taking place in 4 U.S. cities and they are studying the effects of ESWT on tennis elbow.
For further information on this study, see:
http://www.sonorex.com/usa/files/company/press.html
Sincerely,
David E. Lowy
Vice President, Canada
Sonorex Therapy Centers http://www.sonorex.com Toll Free 1 877 766-6287
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: Sonocur Sonorex

Barbara on 8/02/00 at 12:53 (024446)

Thanks for the info. I live in NY and have an appointment for tomorrow at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx to see if I can be a candidate for the Orthowave study for tennis elbow.