Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Week 5 Post-op: Having pain in other foot now!

Posted by KarenS on 8/01/00 at 23:10 (024408)

Week 5 and still in my cast. I have a stabbing pain in my heel that the Dr. says is from the spur being removed. I also have alot of pain in the arch area that I didn't have before. I go back to the Drs. on Aug. 10th so I'll ask about that. I also had a muscle release done.

Now my so-called good foot is killing me. The pain is real intense when I'm standing but also hurts when I'm at rest. Its at the back of my arch towards the heel. Very painful to touch. Is this the start of it all over again or just from the overuse of this foot since surgery?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Karen

Re: Week 5 Post-op: Having pain in other foot now!

Nancy S. on 8/02/00 at 05:46 (024426)

Karen, I thought for months that I was developing PF in my other foot because I so overused it when I was limping, walking with cane, for months. After I basically rested everything for 3 months, it calmed down and I don't have that pain in my non-PF foot at all. Try to take care of that one too (easier said than done, I know). Of course, then I did develop AT in BOTH feet, but I think that's another story! Good luck --Nancy

Re: Week 5 Post-op: Having pain in other foot now!

Nancy S. on 8/02/00 at 05:46 (024426)

Karen, I thought for months that I was developing PF in my other foot because I so overused it when I was limping, walking with cane, for months. After I basically rested everything for 3 months, it calmed down and I don't have that pain in my non-PF foot at all. Try to take care of that one too (easier said than done, I know). Of course, then I did develop AT in BOTH feet, but I think that's another story! Good luck --Nancy