Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Night Splint and Achilles Tendonitis

Posted by Rock on 8/02/00 at 09:32 (024432)

Hi,

Has anybody out there in PF-land had any postive results from using a Night Splint for Achilles Tendonitis ?

Thanks,
Rock.

Re: Night Splint and Achilles Tendonitis

john h on 8/02/00 at 09:42 (024433)

physical thearpy is what cured mine a few years ago. vigorous massage of the tendon, whirlpool, stretching on an incline board were all done at the thearpy clinic. when i say vigorous massage i mean massage that reallly hurt. i had a knot the size of a large marble on the tendon and could hardly walk.

Nancy S. on 8/02/00 at 11:01 (024438)

Hi Rock,
Finally, after 15 months of PF and the last 4 months with achilles tendonitis, I saw a sports med. dr. today and he seemed very good. One of the many things he is doing for me included giving me a walking air cast, which I am to wear day and night -- he emphasized night also -- I'll be taking it off only to do exercises and icing, and for PT of course.
Since the cast is hard as a -- excuse the pun -- rock, I don't look forward to nights with it, but I'm going to do it, and I'll post about whether it seems to affect the AT one way or the other. It should give some indication whether a night splint would help AT also.
--Nancy

john h on 8/02/00 at 09:42 (024433)

physical thearpy is what cured mine a few years ago. vigorous massage of the tendon, whirlpool, stretching on an incline board were all done at the thearpy clinic. when i say vigorous massage i mean massage that reallly hurt. i had a knot the size of a large marble on the tendon and could hardly walk.

Nancy S. on 8/02/00 at 11:01 (024438)

Hi Rock,
Finally, after 15 months of PF and the last 4 months with achilles tendonitis, I saw a sports med. dr. today and he seemed very good. One of the many things he is doing for me included giving me a walking air cast, which I am to wear day and night -- he emphasized night also -- I'll be taking it off only to do exercises and icing, and for PT of course.
Since the cast is hard as a -- excuse the pun -- rock, I don't look forward to nights with it, but I'm going to do it, and I'll post about whether it seems to affect the AT one way or the other. It should give some indication whether a night splint would help AT also.
--Nancy