Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF good...with little pains...ultrasound for scar tissue

Posted by April on 8/03/00 at 13:23 (024562)

Hi Folks.

I'm exercising daily now (after 2 years with PF) pain free. I do 15 minutes at a moderate speed on the tread mill with a 3% incline. This is pretty tame but I'm scared of blowing my foot again. I sped it up a bit the other day and have little twinges in THE SPOT but no pain when I put pressure on it...not even in the morning. I'm wondering if this is the scar tissue I'm breaking down...and I'm wondering if I'm setting myself up for injury AGAIN. I'm downing ibprofen like it's cereal, stretching a bit and not straining myself at all. I want to progress to a walk at a good clip but I'M SCARED. I won't' do anything more till these little twinges pass. I want to know...1. Is Ultrasound (perhaps this is the wrong word, I mean some sort of therapy that shoots waves into your foot that breaks down the tissue) part of the solution for breaking down scar tissue...or could it make it worse? 2. Any guesses on what these little twinges are?

Re: PF good...with little pains...ultrasound for scar tissue

Rock on 8/03/00 at 15:55 (024563)

April,

My understanding is that scar tissue at 'the spot' is kind of brittle and develops partial microscopic breaks with use, That is what hurts.

As you (and everyone else on the board) know, I think the proper amount and type of activity will aid in PF recovery. I am concerned about uphills because they stress the calves so much, so I might suggest that you think long and hard about doing steeper inclines. Maybe you could add some biking ?

Rock.

Re: PF good...with little pains...ultrasound for scar tissue

Rock on 8/03/00 at 15:55 (024563)

April,

My understanding is that scar tissue at 'the spot' is kind of brittle and develops partial microscopic breaks with use, That is what hurts.

As you (and everyone else on the board) know, I think the proper amount and type of activity will aid in PF recovery. I am concerned about uphills because they stress the calves so much, so I might suggest that you think long and hard about doing steeper inclines. Maybe you could add some biking ?

Rock.