Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Dr. Z. Cyro-Cuff? Please elaborate.

Posted by Kim B. on 8/03/00 at 20:40 (024569)

I did a word search and can't find any such posts.

Regards, Kim B.

john h on 8/04/00 at 10:29 (024570)

kim: you can view the cryo cuff at http://www.aircast.com . it certainly looks great for post op recovery. i did not check the price but it looks expensive.

Kim B. on 8/04/00 at 12:08 (024571)

Thanks john. I used aircast armband to help get rid of my tendonitis. They make a good product. I couln't find a price either. Looks Expensive. $$$

Regards, Kim B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/04/00 at 14:27 (024572)

I think that it is about $100-$125 dollars. Your doctor should beable to get insurance approval for this. Some insurance pays for this and some don't.

Kim B. on 8/04/00 at 19:03 (024573)

Thanks for the info. I would look into it if I ever go the surgery route. I have PF in both feet. I don't suppose one could wear two at a time, and walk around that way. This is for healing from surgery, not a threapy, right?

Regards, Kim B.

john h on 8/04/00 at 19:34 (024574)

kim: it looked like there was a container for water or whatever attached to cyro-cuff. if you could negotiate around with two of those attached to you then?????????????

Kim B. on 8/05/00 at 14:02 (024575)

John, I think that may be an air compressor. I used an Aircast on my arm a couple of years ago, and it was air based. You may be right though. Either way, I doubt you can walk around with those things on both feet.

Kim B.

lenore r on 8/05/00 at 19:07 (024576)

i have one similar to this , what mine is is a cooler that you fill with ice and water and then put the cuff around the foot and cold water runs through the cuff, if this is the same its like ice thearpy and ift feels great. i got mine from my pod. was having a really bad day and he had just gotten one from a medical rep and gave it to me to try out ( im sure he billed my insurance for it!!)

john h on 8/04/00 at 10:29 (024570)

kim: you can view the cryo cuff at http://www.aircast.com . it certainly looks great for post op recovery. i did not check the price but it looks expensive.

Kim B. on 8/04/00 at 12:08 (024571)

Thanks john. I used aircast armband to help get rid of my tendonitis. They make a good product. I couln't find a price either. Looks Expensive. $$$

Regards, Kim B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/04/00 at 14:27 (024572)

I think that it is about $100-$125 dollars. Your doctor should beable to get insurance approval for this. Some insurance pays for this and some don't.

Kim B. on 8/04/00 at 19:03 (024573)

Thanks for the info. I would look into it if I ever go the surgery route. I have PF in both feet. I don't suppose one could wear two at a time, and walk around that way. This is for healing from surgery, not a threapy, right?

Regards, Kim B.

john h on 8/04/00 at 19:34 (024574)

kim: it looked like there was a container for water or whatever attached to cyro-cuff. if you could negotiate around with two of those attached to you then?????????????

Kim B. on 8/05/00 at 14:02 (024575)

John, I think that may be an air compressor. I used an Aircast on my arm a couple of years ago, and it was air based. You may be right though. Either way, I doubt you can walk around with those things on both feet.

Kim B.

lenore r on 8/05/00 at 19:07 (024576)

i have one similar to this , what mine is is a cooler that you fill with ice and water and then put the cuff around the foot and cold water runs through the cuff, if this is the same its like ice thearpy and ift feels great. i got mine from my pod. was having a really bad day and he had just gotten one from a medical rep and gave it to me to try out ( im sure he billed my insurance for it!!)