Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I used Homegrocer.com, They are Fabulous!!

Posted by Kim B. on 8/03/00 at 17:17 (024584)

A couple of weeks ago I used Homegrocer.com for the first time. It was fabulous! It took a while to learn the site, set up the account, order my groceries, and etc. but in the future, it will go faster I'm sure.

Anyway, they gave me $20 off my first order and came bearing gifts, (mouse pad, produce bag, etc.) Check 'em out. They crossed every t and dotted every i. I haven't been this impressed with a company's service in a long time. The fruits and vegetables are the best tasting I been able to buy anywhere in years. (I did't order any meat yet, btw) I compared them to peapod.com and groceryworks.com for web site ease of use and they seemed the best to me.

I only mention this because Homegrocer.com is a real solution for many of us who can't make it to the grocery store during severe flair ups. I have no stock or financial interest in this company.

There is no delivery charge if you order more than $75 worth, (and only 9.95 if you don't.) $75 is pretty easy to do if you get a little organized. They have a 'no tipping policy' because they don't want their drivers to carry any money. They delivered everthing I ordered the next day. (You chose the delivery 1.5 hour time window.)

The prices are comparable to my grocery store. A week later, they sent me another $10 coupon through my e-mail. (Like one big coupon instead of a bunch of small ones.) I had to substitute a couple of items but I am very impressed with the selection.

My cold and frozen foods were colder than when I bring them home myself. The delivery guy was neat and personable. He put paper shoes on over his tennis shoes before he entered my house to keep from tracking up my floors. (Nice gesture, but they were already dirty.) He put everything on the kitchen cabinets for me. All I had to do was put them away. It was so nice to get my groceries without having to massacre my feet at the grocery store.

That is my testimonial. Hope this is a help to someone. I'm sure I haven't covered everything, so, let me know if you have any questions.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: I used Homegrocer.com, They are Fabulous!!

Sharie H. in San Diego on 8/03/00 at 22:51 (024593)

Kim, I have used homegrocers.com now for about four times. THEY ARE AWESOME!!! If you haven't had their cherries fresh large bing, oh my gosh you would NOT believe them... Home Grocers.com has been a God Send since my surgery three weeks ago.

So pleased to hear someone else is using them.

Sharie

Nancy S. on 8/04/00 at 06:31 (024594)

Oh major obstacle. 'WebTV does not support the technology required to use our site.' I can't believe it -- maybe they think WebTv-ers don't have the money to afford their delivery service, of all the nerve. It doesn't sound expensive, I'm in the dark. Back to the store scooters, if this moon boot will even fit into one. --Nancy

Sharie H. in San Diego on 8/03/00 at 22:51 (024593)

Kim, I have used homegrocers.com now for about four times. THEY ARE AWESOME!!! If you haven't had their cherries fresh large bing, oh my gosh you would NOT believe them... Home Grocers.com has been a God Send since my surgery three weeks ago.

So pleased to hear someone else is using them.

Sharie

Nancy S. on 8/04/00 at 06:31 (024594)

Oh major obstacle. 'WebTV does not support the technology required to use our site.' I can't believe it -- maybe they think WebTv-ers don't have the money to afford their delivery service, of all the nerve. It doesn't sound expensive, I'm in the dark. Back to the store scooters, if this moon boot will even fit into one. --Nancy