Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

minor triumphs.....

Posted by JudyS on 8/03/00 at 22:34 (024624)

I just did a 2 hour grocery store trip (I'm a very thorough and picky shopper!) and I'm quite overjoyed that I had no heel pain at all, no PF fatigue or ache. The only problem was an hour in to the trip the 'other' tendonitis became quite bothersome in one foot. All in all, I consider this a minor triumph! Even 6 months ago I couldn't have stood up for 15 minutes, much less shopped around. Having said that, I'm seriously going to look in to Homegrocer.com per Kim's recommendation.

Nancy, what'r you doing up so late?

Re: minor triumphs.....

Nancy S. on 8/03/00 at 22:56 (024625)

Ok, Judy, what am I doing up so late. I'm educating and entertaining myself via the board, on a break from editing my two-thousandth textbook and trying not to rip this cast off and throw it out the window. I'll try to go to bed soon, but I don't think I'll be able to sleep due to excitement over Kim's grocery delivery. I could really use that now, because this cast would have me rolling in the grocery store aisles, literally.
Glad you had some triumphs today! --Nancy

JudyS on 8/03/00 at 23:01 (024626)

excitement over Kim's groceries? Nancy, dear, I think you need me back there again!
Did I ever tell you the story about how I actually sawed a plaster cast off my leg?

Rock on 8/04/00 at 08:30 (024627)

JudyS,

A pain free 2 hour grocery store trip is really quite good !

As you may know, I am very active and I have noticed that a long shopping trip is more likely to cause me heel pain than anything else.

Rock.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/05/00 at 08:09 (024628)

I just though of this idea. You may already have done this. Use a shopping cart.
Every ten minutes or around there lean into the cart and do some very light stretching of the achilles tendon. Lets see if this get you past the two hour shopping . The point is try to think about stretching during the times you are shopping.

Nancy S. on 8/03/00 at 22:56 (024625)

Ok, Judy, what am I doing up so late. I'm educating and entertaining myself via the board, on a break from editing my two-thousandth textbook and trying not to rip this cast off and throw it out the window. I'll try to go to bed soon, but I don't think I'll be able to sleep due to excitement over Kim's grocery delivery. I could really use that now, because this cast would have me rolling in the grocery store aisles, literally.
Glad you had some triumphs today! --Nancy

JudyS on 8/03/00 at 23:01 (024626)

excitement over Kim's groceries? Nancy, dear, I think you need me back there again!
Did I ever tell you the story about how I actually sawed a plaster cast off my leg?

Rock on 8/04/00 at 08:30 (024627)

JudyS,

A pain free 2 hour grocery store trip is really quite good !

As you may know, I am very active and I have noticed that a long shopping trip is more likely to cause me heel pain than anything else.

Rock.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/05/00 at 08:09 (024628)

I just though of this idea. You may already have done this. Use a shopping cart.
Every ten minutes or around there lean into the cart and do some very light stretching of the achilles tendon. Lets see if this get you past the two hour shopping . The point is try to think about stretching during the times you are shopping.