Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nancy,I got called for jury duty too. Hoping PF gets me out...

Posted by Beverly on 8/05/00 at 12:33 (024708)

Nancy,

What a small world. I got called for jury duty too. I'm suppose to show up Monday. There is no way I am up to walking around downtown and through the courthouse. Ironically, this is the first time in my 40 years to be called for jury duty.

I called my sports med doctor this week to get an excuse. Unfortunately, he was in surgery and couldn't be reached. I left a message asking for a medical excuse, and I pointed out jury duty would not only be too hard on my feet but mess up my PT schedule.

I guess I will live dangerously, and hope he writes the note. I can't see why he would care. I have 10 days after the date I was picked to get the note to the court.

See ya,
Beverly

Re: Nancy,I got called for jury duty too.

Sharie H. on 8/05/00 at 16:40 (024709)

Hi Nancy!! I was called for Jury Duty a week before my surgery... I called my foot doc and they simply asked me to bring them the jury duty form and they would take care of it. They did, and I am excused. Good Luck!

Hugs
Sharie

Re: Nancy,I got called for jury duty too. Hoping PF gets me out...

john h on 8/05/00 at 22:59 (024712)

beverly: jury duty involves mostly sitting. might take your mind off your feet and can be interesting if you do not have a job or kids to take care of.

Re: Nancy,I got called for jury duty too.

Sharie H. on 8/05/00 at 16:40 (024709)

Hi Nancy!! I was called for Jury Duty a week before my surgery... I called my foot doc and they simply asked me to bring them the jury duty form and they would take care of it. They did, and I am excused. Good Luck!

Hugs
Sharie

Re: Nancy,I got called for jury duty too. Hoping PF gets me out...

john h on 8/05/00 at 22:59 (024712)

beverly: jury duty involves mostly sitting. might take your mind off your feet and can be interesting if you do not have a job or kids to take care of.