Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Kickin' Hubby With the Post Op Boot!

Posted by Sharie on 8/05/00 at 00:50 (024722)

'Hey Honey, you HAVE to wear that boot to bed? Uh huhh, Yep... few weeks more darlin'. SO GET USE TO IT, I'M TIRED OF IT TOO DONCHA KNOW? Whew, some things just touch a chord with me ya know? Ever tried to lovingly run your booted foot down your husbands calf to let him know you care? Ever flung your booted foot over his legs to get comfy and kicked him in the...uhm, knee? Ever gotten in bed under the sheets and feel like you forgot to take your shoes off? Ever had a kick reflex in the night and heard about it in the morning because you left tread marks of your boot on his ankle? Look, there are a few things I am sick and tired of about this PF post surgery stuff. I am sick and tired of having my lunch and dinner served to me on a tray, with a flower and a smile... I am sick and tired of just sitting, relaxing, reading my favorite books, and drinking my favorite iced tea that was brought to me. I am so tired of my beloved cats sitting near me and purring, GAWD how annoying, I am tired of being pushed in my wheelchair and just sitting and observing the world go by as I comfortably am taken to neat places. I'm telling you, 'I get no respect'!! OH I LIE I LIE!! All I can say seriously is: It will be great to be independant again, great to have no pain, and I have total faith in the fact this pain will go away... because of having the surgery the plantar fasciitis pain is GONE... and now the surgery pain will also go away in time. HOWEVER since I am a post op PF'er, and since I do need to rest this ancient childs foot that is attached to her body thus resting this ancient child in general, I can't help but be so thankful for the luxuries of things like the wheelchair, the walker, the survival table sitting next to me with some of the neatest things to do on it, but most of all the love and sincere help from my husband and my friends from this message board. This board has definitely helped me get through this experience emotionally... just knowing others have experienced similar things.

What can I say.... life is pretty darn okay with me.... depression and all...

Love you guys in a weird PF'er way lol!
Sharie

Re: Kickin' Hubby With the Post Op Boot!

KarenS on 8/05/00 at 23:02 (024724)

I hear you Sharie on all the bed stuff. I'm still in my hard cast and I tell you I can't wait for it to come off. My hubby can't wait either, as he has quite a few bruises himself. I swear I didn't even know I was hitting him with it.

It will all be worth it in the end if it helps. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and pray.

Karen

Re: Kickin' Hubby With the Post Op Boot!

KarenS on 8/05/00 at 23:02 (024724)

I hear you Sharie on all the bed stuff. I'm still in my hard cast and I tell you I can't wait for it to come off. My hubby can't wait either, as he has quite a few bruises himself. I swear I didn't even know I was hitting him with it.

It will all be worth it in the end if it helps. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and pray.

Karen