Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Free file space at heelspurs.com

Posted by Scott R on 8/05/00 at 14:11 (024728)

I'm testing a new program. I'm thinking of ways to use it. For example, to allow anybody who has a product to sell (and is willing to give a commission to heelspurs.com) to have access to their own web space. Or to create a page of pictures. So, if you know how to create a web page, here's some internet space to play with (5 MB for everyone). You don't have to put up with banner ads like geocities. If you pay $30 a year for your domain name, I can have my server to point to your directory. I can't guarantee I'll keep it, so keep a copy of whatever you place out there in case I delete everything.

http://heelspurs.com/cgi-heelspurs/manfile/fileman.cgi

Re: Free file space at heelspurs.com

JudyS on 8/05/00 at 23:30 (024730)

Scott, are you saying that for a mere $30.00 we could develop our own web page as part of yours? Like we could actually do that 'photo' page that we were talking about yesterday?

Scott R on 8/06/00 at 08:03 (024731)

$30 a year can pay for your domain name like http://www.judys.com I would just point it to a directory so that it looks like it's located on its own server, but it would really be located at heelspurs.com/zz/judys

But the $30 a year is not necessary. Like I was saying, anybody right now can place web pages and pictures and anything else at
heelspurs.com/zz and even make their own subdirectory. The problem is that anybody can also delete those files if they read this message board and see the link I'm posting. It gives everybody full access to the zz directory at heelspurs.com. If someone wants dedicated space (like Mike W or Alan K for their products, or Wendyn for a site on TTS, or if Kim B wants pictures out there) I can create a password-protected program for them. It will be easy for me. I just need to make sure what anybody does is needed, doesn't detract from my own site too much, and that they will be dedicated to doing good work.

JudyS on 8/05/00 at 23:30 (024730)

Scott, are you saying that for a mere $30.00 we could develop our own web page as part of yours? Like we could actually do that 'photo' page that we were talking about yesterday?

Scott R on 8/06/00 at 08:03 (024731)

$30 a year can pay for your domain name like http://www.judys.com I would just point it to a directory so that it looks like it's located on its own server, but it would really be located at heelspurs.com/zz/judys

But the $30 a year is not necessary. Like I was saying, anybody right now can place web pages and pictures and anything else at
heelspurs.com/zz and even make their own subdirectory. The problem is that anybody can also delete those files if they read this message board and see the link I'm posting. It gives everybody full access to the zz directory at heelspurs.com. If someone wants dedicated space (like Mike W or Alan K for their products, or Wendyn for a site on TTS, or if Kim B wants pictures out there) I can create a password-protected program for them. It will be easy for me. I just need to make sure what anybody does is needed, doesn't detract from my own site too much, and that they will be dedicated to doing good work.