Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Would like to disassociate PF from "simple heel pain"

Posted by Pauline on 8/05/00 at 20:46 (024738)

I think the biggest problem with having PF is having it associated
and referred to as 'Simple Heel Pain'. As I said in my letter to the
FDA ' Falsely named and innocently referred to as simple heel pain insidious Plantar Fasciitis can literally bring an otherwise healthy
person's life to a complete halt'.

'PF is easy to write off as an insignificant disease because there are no open wounds or bones sticking through the flesh, nor chemo treatments to ravage ones body, but I tell you that Plantar Fasciitis because of its long term debilitating effects, can break it's victim's spirit and cloud their mind with depression costing many suffers their families, their jobs, and there lives.'

Until we as PF sufferers begin to change the minds of the physicians
who treat us, insisting that PF is more than 'simple heel pain' I think we will continue to get the kind of treatment that is currently
being passed out.

Re: Would like to disassociate PF from "simple heel pain"

Kim B. on 8/05/00 at 22:24 (024739)

Pauline, you make an excellent point! I couln't agree with you more.

Kim B.

Karen S on 8/05/00 at 22:55 (024740)

I totally agree with you as well. I know I for one, am tired of trying to explain to people just how painful this condition is. They look at you as if to say 'It can't be that bad'. If only they could experience it for one day, then they would know what we live with EVERYDAY. In a perfect world maybe.

Karen

Sharie on 8/05/00 at 23:39 (024741)

EXCELLENT point made Pauline, and wonderfully written! My foot doc said to me he TOTALLY understands about PF pain, as he has been treating an orthopedic surgeon who has PF for some time. The ortho surgeon told my foot doc that PF is awful pain and has interferred with his life immensely. Therefore my foot doc is a rare bird that does understand. But, so many others do not... you mention pain in your heel and you get 'so what else is new.' Thank you for writing what you did.

Sharie

Kim B. on 8/05/00 at 22:24 (024739)

Pauline, you make an excellent point! I couln't agree with you more.

Kim B.

Karen S on 8/05/00 at 22:55 (024740)

I totally agree with you as well. I know I for one, am tired of trying to explain to people just how painful this condition is. They look at you as if to say 'It can't be that bad'. If only they could experience it for one day, then they would know what we live with EVERYDAY. In a perfect world maybe.

Karen

Sharie on 8/05/00 at 23:39 (024741)

EXCELLENT point made Pauline, and wonderfully written! My foot doc said to me he TOTALLY understands about PF pain, as he has been treating an orthopedic surgeon who has PF for some time. The ortho surgeon told my foot doc that PF is awful pain and has interferred with his life immensely. Therefore my foot doc is a rare bird that does understand. But, so many others do not... you mention pain in your heel and you get 'so what else is new.' Thank you for writing what you did.

Sharie