Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birks

Posted by Terry on 8/06/00 at 14:22 (024760)

I ordered a pair of soft sole Boston Birks from Germany and received them exactly two weeks from the time I ordered them. I have been wearing them for only 4 days and already they are the most comfortable shoes I own! Terry

Re: Birks

Lori E. on 8/06/00 at 19:27 (024779)

Congrats! I got my second pair a few weeks ago, Tatami Oklahoma and I love them. They are a clog instead of a sandal, so they took a little gettig used to, but I am now a believer in Birks. :)

Terry on 8/07/00 at 16:45 (024846)

Lori E. - I am already thinking about my second pair. Does anyone know what the Footprints line is like? Thanks, Terry

Nancy S. on 8/08/00 at 02:57 (024872)

Terry, I don't know if this is possible, but can you describe the soft footbed? How does it compare to the regular footbed? When you press on it with your finger, does it give a little, or quite a bit, or a lot? I love the regular-footbed Bostons but am wondering if the soft ones would be better for certain days or activities. (Activities -- ah. I believe there were more of those in my life before I acquired the air cast, even though it didn't seem like it at the time!) --Nancy

Terry on 8/08/00 at 07:57 (024882)

Nancy - The soft footbed is just slightly cushioned. If you press your thumb on the footbed, it barely makes an indentation. This shoe is not at all like Cobbie Cuddlers or those others that are supposedly sold for comfort. I have to say that I really love these shoes, and I'm trying to decide what to buy next. I don't know if I should go for a regular footbed, closed in, or another soft pair. Hope this helps. Terry

Barbara S. on 8/08/00 at 09:49 (024887)

Could you post the web address of the place you purchased your Birks? Thanks! B.

Terry on 8/08/00 at 10:09 (024890)

Barbara - The website is birkenstock-cn.com. When I ordered my first pair, I asked about ordering through Scott's website and got no response. I would rather do that, if it is still available. Does anyone know if it is? Thanks, Terry

Lori E. on 8/06/00 at 19:27 (024779)

Congrats! I got my second pair a few weeks ago, Tatami Oklahoma and I love them. They are a clog instead of a sandal, so they took a little gettig used to, but I am now a believer in Birks. :)

Terry on 8/07/00 at 16:45 (024846)

Lori E. - I am already thinking about my second pair. Does anyone know what the Footprints line is like? Thanks, Terry

Nancy S. on 8/08/00 at 02:57 (024872)

Terry, I don't know if this is possible, but can you describe the soft footbed? How does it compare to the regular footbed? When you press on it with your finger, does it give a little, or quite a bit, or a lot? I love the regular-footbed Bostons but am wondering if the soft ones would be better for certain days or activities. (Activities -- ah. I believe there were more of those in my life before I acquired the air cast, even though it didn't seem like it at the time!) --Nancy

Terry on 8/08/00 at 07:57 (024882)

Nancy - The soft footbed is just slightly cushioned. If you press your thumb on the footbed, it barely makes an indentation. This shoe is not at all like Cobbie Cuddlers or those others that are supposedly sold for comfort. I have to say that I really love these shoes, and I'm trying to decide what to buy next. I don't know if I should go for a regular footbed, closed in, or another soft pair. Hope this helps. Terry

Barbara S. on 8/08/00 at 09:49 (024887)

Could you post the web address of the place you purchased your Birks? Thanks! B.

Terry on 8/08/00 at 10:09 (024890)

Barbara - The website is birkenstock-cn.com. When I ordered my first pair, I asked about ordering through Scott's website and got no response. I would rather do that, if it is still available. Does anyone know if it is? Thanks, Terry