Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Helen & Kim

Posted by Beverly on 8/06/00 at 16:41 (024769)

Helen,

Until you and Tenderfeet 'outted' yourselves as single people, I thought I was the only one here on the board (or at least I'm mostly single... long distance relationship with favorite ex-husband.)

This does have its pro's and con's. I can see Kim's point about not wanting hubby to be 'a PF slave.' And yes, it is nice to have peace and quite when I need it.

Yet, as a person who lives alone, I would hate to have to face surgery. I have no idea what I would do.
Daddy is a saint, but he lives 400 miles away. I also have one completely undependable brother. My friends and church have all offered to pitch in to help, and every once in a while I have called them, but I find it is hard to ask friends for favors. I am used to being the 'caretaker', not the one being cared for.

This does teach me alot about human behavior and who I can count on.
My ex-husband has always carried a 'torch' for me, and I love him dearly even if he does sometimes drive me nuts. So about a year before PF, we started seeing each other again. He envisioned all these romantic things we would do together, including traveling. I can tell that he really resents the limitations my feet have put on my life. And to some extent, he just has a hard time understanding. In his mind, he bounced back from a heart attack, knee surgery, and a stroke, and is doing great; so why can't I manage my feet better? He just doesn't get it. He tries to be understanding, but he just does not get it. I can tell his patience is wearing thin, and it hurts my feelings when I feel like my pain is being minimalized.

But a friend of mine who is getting married in September certainly proves a point that there is someone for everyone. She has both FM and Chronic Fatigue, and she has been on disablility as a result. Granted, she is very pretty, but at 47, I would not have expected her to be getting remarried. Yet, she is just delighted as she plans this upcoming wedding to someone who I think anyone would say is a good 'catch.'

I have heard of parapalegics who found love and got married, and people with fatal diseases who get married. So, when I get especially low, I remind myself of this.

But at the moment, I find that Kim does have a good point. Other than getting very lonely, it is easier to live alone. I know that, because whenever Sweet Thing is in town, I have twice as much to do around the house.

Beverly

Helene M on 8/07/00 at 07:54 (024808)

Yes, I realize there's a good & bad side to each situation, whether single or married. Thanks to all for sharing.

Helene M on 8/07/00 at 07:54 (024808)

Yes, I realize there's a good & bad side to each situation, whether single or married. Thanks to all for sharing.