Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

EPF

Posted by Jean on 8/07/00 at 07:08 (024802)

I had the above surgery on my right heel and also had a Removal of a Morton's Neuroma on my Left foot on 6/21/2000. I am almost 7 weeks Post Op. I have been having the same pain level as before the surgery on the heel. I have been going to physical therapy to strengthen the heel along with stretching. My concern is that I am having this severe 'burning' on the edge of the back of the heel. I have been wearing sneakers continuously from the time I am out of bed. Will this pain ever go away. I feel like an 'old woman' of 80 and I am 49. It is an effort to walk for a short distance. I am still out of work and due to return on 8/21/00. And since I am a nurse, I do not know how I am going to manage.

Is there anyone who has had this heel surgery that has experienced this burning and is now pain free?.. Please email me...Thanks

Please select your response to the above survey question: View Thread
Results View Thread
.option 1 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 2 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 3 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 4 = 0 votes . . . voters:

Re: EPF

alan k on 8/07/00 at 07:41 (024804)

As you continue with your strengthening exercises, you might consider trying 100 mg vitamin B6 for nerve troubles, after consulting with your doctor first.

alan k

BJC on 8/07/00 at 08:31 (024811)

I had EPF surgery in Jan. For a few months I was having a 'burning-type' pain on the outer edge of my foot. Turns out it was the shoes! My new Reeboks are great, and I feel so much better. So, even if you have orthotics in your shoes (which my pod STRONGLY recommends and I would not do without), check out several other pairs of shoes - it could be that simple.

cindyp on 8/07/00 at 13:56 (024834)

I have been trying the B6 for three months and haven't really noticed the difference. Where was your neuroma located?

Jean on 8/08/00 at 21:42 (024947)

Thanks for your advice.. The doctor checked my sneakers today and said that I have enough support. He started me on Pridnisone Dose Pack to try and relieve some of the swelling and inflammation. It concerns me because I am supposed to return to work which will be 8 1/2 weeks off.. and I don't feel any better then prior to surgery. I am hoping htat the medication will help.

Thanks for your advice...
Jean

alan k on 8/07/00 at 07:41 (024804)

As you continue with your strengthening exercises, you might consider trying 100 mg vitamin B6 for nerve troubles, after consulting with your doctor first.

alan k

BJC on 8/07/00 at 08:31 (024811)

I had EPF surgery in Jan. For a few months I was having a 'burning-type' pain on the outer edge of my foot. Turns out it was the shoes! My new Reeboks are great, and I feel so much better. So, even if you have orthotics in your shoes (which my pod STRONGLY recommends and I would not do without), check out several other pairs of shoes - it could be that simple.

cindyp on 8/07/00 at 13:56 (024834)

I have been trying the B6 for three months and haven't really noticed the difference. Where was your neuroma located?

Jean on 8/08/00 at 21:42 (024947)

Thanks for your advice.. The doctor checked my sneakers today and said that I have enough support. He started me on Pridnisone Dose Pack to try and relieve some of the swelling and inflammation. It concerns me because I am supposed to return to work which will be 8 1/2 weeks off.. and I don't feel any better then prior to surgery. I am hoping htat the medication will help.

Thanks for your advice...
Jean