Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Beverly - Birks General Store in San Antonio

Posted by SuzanneK on 8/07/00 at 19:49 (024862)

I went to North Star Mall here in San Antonio with my mom last week. I hardly ever go to that mall. Wish I had gone sooner, because I discovered a Birkenstock General Store at the end of the mall near Dillards. They had a good selection of shoes including many Footprints styles. It was nice to be able to try those on instead of guessing at the size. Of course, I didn't buy there - I came home with the size info and ordered from Scott's link to the German site (less than half, including postage!) Let me know when you plan to come back up here - we'll do lunch and shopping, PF-style! I'll even call in and get a sub so we can make a day of it (of course, pf days last about, oh, 2 hours!!) LOL

Re: Beverly - Birks General Store in San Antonio

Beverly on 8/08/00 at 15:13 (024914)

Suzanne,

That sounds great. I just discovered the Birk store in San Antonio from an online search. It had not shown up on any of my previous searches.
I called the store to ask when the Fall shoes should be in and the sales lady said anytime in the next week or two.

I'm shooting for taking a trip into San Antonio in late August or the first half of September to go to the Birk store and Whole Earth (to try the Dansko professional shoe).

Lunch sounds great. I've already made plans to spend the night in San Antonio; so dinner would be another option.

Whole Earth frequently has sales. For instance, my Dansko sandals that normally sell for $99.00 were marked down to around $40.00.

Thanks,
Beverly

Re: Beverly - Birks General Store in San Antonio

Beverly on 8/08/00 at 15:13 (024914)

Suzanne,

That sounds great. I just discovered the Birk store in San Antonio from an online search. It had not shown up on any of my previous searches.
I called the store to ask when the Fall shoes should be in and the sales lady said anytime in the next week or two.

I'm shooting for taking a trip into San Antonio in late August or the first half of September to go to the Birk store and Whole Earth (to try the Dansko professional shoe).

Lunch sounds great. I've already made plans to spend the night in San Antonio; so dinner would be another option.

Whole Earth frequently has sales. For instance, my Dansko sandals that normally sell for $99.00 were marked down to around $40.00.

Thanks,
Beverly