Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Finally My Product is Out and Website Up

Posted by alan k on 8/08/00 at 18:08 (024935)

I can't believe we finally got this far! Many of you know how hard we have been working on developing this, and how much I underestimated everything involved. Well, here we go...

Our website http://www.acutai.com is up and can be visited.

It's a site devoted to Thai Massage Yoga therapy, starting with the feet. Thai medical sciences balance muscles and work neuro-muscular pathways to promote healing of malfunctioning joints, muscles, and connective tissue. My wife, Patcharee Katasema, and I hope to have full explanations and demonstrations up for any visitor to make use of. We also will have products for sale that will help with balancing and integrating the musculature of the feet, legs, pelvis, groin, hip, lower back, and abdomen for the purpose of reversing the underlying muscle tensions that lead to plantar fasciitis.

Right now we have the main product: Acu-Flex, a foot strengthening and stretching device which works in a safe, non-weight bearing position. It can isolate and exercise any muscle in the foot from many, many different angles. You can use it with or without hands, actively or passively while you sit and watch TV, or while you post on heelspurs.com. Acu-Flex can isolate any toe singly or in groups for motion in 360 degrees, or whatever the joint is capable of.
It works for both isometric and resistance band exercises.

Acu-Flex comes with an extensive manual of over 20 pages of detailed instruction with over 30 color photographs of Patcharee demonstrating its use. The website has more details.

Basically, Acu-Flex is premised on the fact that our foot morphology is capable of much more versatile motions than we ordinarily make use of. We walk on hard artificial surfaces with tight shoes binding the feet, when we could be swinging from trees. Acu-flex aims toward training the feet just like someone with no arms learns to write and drive a car with their feet. It's not a hard mechanical device but a soft and stretchable tool that allows for motion in infinite number of variations and without strain on the hands. It can even be used to cure carpal tunnel syndrome if used on the hands rather than the feet.

Acu-Flex is a patent-pending therapeutic band developed specially for the feet, and there is nothing else like it. It has one band for the whole foot and five individual resistance bands for each toe which you can remove in order to strategically isolate muscles. The band has a twill nylon webbing that locks tight in case you want to use it for isometric exercise. When used in the positions shown in the manual, it can be used for exercising the crucial muscles on the top of the foot and shin which when strong allow for better flexibility of the opposing muscles of the bottom of the foot and calf. It also makes these muscles more relaxed in a state of rest, like sleep, which speeds healing (this is explained more on the site).

I am sure this will do well enough to support the http://www.acutai.com website, so we can keep the AcuTai Massage Yoga information and pictures coming.

We have big plans for it: extensive photos demonstrating Thai massage techniques for foot pain, photos and information of correct stretching, and information on meditation and massage that can help people heal faster.

For right now, all I could get up in this time was a fairly comprehensive explanation of myofascial dysfunction and its relation to foot pain, as I had promised to translate the technical language of myofascial therapy a while back. I didn't get too far into trigger point explanations or demonstrations yet. This should be interesting information.

We'll work hard to get the good stuff up there soon. We still need to take more photos.

From now on I'll always identify myself as from the website. Still, heelspurs.com continues to be, and will always be, my home page when I open up my web browser.

I hope this doesn't cause any conflict. I know you guys well enough and I know how to behave. I am very happy to discuss all this, and even debate a little as long as it doesn't get ugly, but not too much debate because I think that distracts from the board sometimes (Wow, it's been so long since that's happened, hasn't it? I hope I don't start it up again.)

Anyway, I'll be a good boy. This will all be worth it, as you can start to see when you visit.

Patcharee and I will really appreciate your visit and any feedback you can give us. She is tired of working for a faceless healthcare corporation and wants to get her message across directly. I think it was fate that we got struck with that virus that led to pf. We are really exited to be communicating with so many and hope we can keep the site growing.

So, I guess that's that. Thanks for your patience after all my predictions about when we would be done. For now I guess you just have to know our website since I haven't listed with search engines yet, and haven't talked to scott about a link yet. I hope there will be an easy-to-find link soon so that the message board isn't the only way to find us. Anyway, yippie!

Well, bye now.

yours,

alan k

http://www.acutai.com

Re: Finally My Product is Out and Website Up

JudyS on 8/08/00 at 18:42 (024937)

congratulations Alan (and Mrs.) - I look forward to perusing your site and I know your posts here will continue to be informative and supportive.
Good luck with your venture!

Nancy S. on 8/08/00 at 20:31 (024943)

Alan, this is terrific! Those two weeks are finally over! Boy, were they long.
My husband and I looked at your website together, and as you've gathered, he is a big believer in Asian approaches to healing. Almost immediately he said, 'Would you like one? I'll buy it for you.' So I will be one of your earliest customers. I may have to have a few more PT weeks before really getting into it, but I definitely will. It looks good for me.
I still have more studying to do of your site, but my hearty congratulations to you and your wife. The photos of her look great, by the way. When will we see one of you in Scott/Kim's gallery??
--Nancy

alan k on 8/08/00 at 20:48 (024944)

I was thinking I'ld put a photo of me in the gallery later this week. I'm not on the website because it's not really my thing, I'm just the technical support (which is no small thing, plus it was my idea first).
I went to the gallery the first time a few days ago and it was funny seeing the faces for the first time. At first there is a split second of surprise-- I guess because you have a hazy picture already-- and then it all makes sense. Of course I know who is Judy and who is Nancy. Wendy was the least surprising, almost exactly what I pictured (and just as cute--oops did I say that?). I thought she would have glasses for some reason.

alan k

wendyn on 8/08/00 at 21:28 (024946)

That's pretty funny Alan, because I do wear glasses. I took them off for the picture. If you send me your email address I will send you the rest of the pictures.

john h on 8/09/00 at 09:58 (024963)

great informative site alan. after my visit with dr z this month i will give Acu-flex a try.

john

john a on 8/09/00 at 11:36 (024972)

The AcuTai site makes interesting reading. Thanks. Two (helpful) criticisms: 1) the pictures are too dark, making it hard to see details. 2) It would be nice to see a large picture of the Acu-Flex device by itself, with perhaps labels for all the cool components and materials that make it up. (I could see how you might not want to give too much away about how it's constructed for fear of loosing sales, though.) And one not so helpful criticism: can you make it cheaper? :-) Finally, can't you get away with not charging tax to NY residents? Everyone else selling stuff on the web seems to be able to :-)

alan k on 8/09/00 at 12:31 (024976)

Hi john a!

Thanks for your great suggestions.
I do need to give more close-ups of the actual thing. I don't see why that would decrease sales but only increase sales.

I should make new photos. They were fine when taken but do show up dark, so I'll have to take them at over-lighted condition to show up normal on the web.

Lee and I (Lee is her nickname) are Buddhists and have to follow the letter of the law and be honest in all things. Quite an inconvenience but tax does fall within the realm of honesty for us, unfortunately. I do have to charge NY sales tax because we are in new york. That is the law at this point.

The price seems standard for this sort of thing. I should know because I have bought everything. Acu-Flex is much better than anything else out there, which I guess I could explain better. It just does so much more and in so many more positions and in a much safer manner for your hands than any other device.

Thanks again John a. Yours and others comments by e-mail are really helping us with getting this in better shape. Time is the real obstacle.

thanks again,

alan k

Nancy S. on 8/09/00 at 13:31 (024981)

Why don't the photos look dark to me? I must be enlightened.
A close-up of the product would be helpful. And some close-ups of footwork with it.

john a on 8/09/00 at 13:35 (024983)

Instead of taking new pictures, you could use something like PaintShopPro V6.02 (free 30 day trail download) to adjust them. I just tried lightening them (under Colors / Adjust / Brightness/Contrast) and it looks pretty good. I uploaded two of them to Scott's upload area: http://heelspurs.com/zz/seat_nails_a.jpg , and http://heelspurs.com/zz/plfl_point_a.jpg . Please feel free to delete them. You can get PaintShopPro at http://www.jasc.com . It's a great image editing tool. For PCs anyway. (Hmmm, did you say you use a Mac?)

JudyS on 8/08/00 at 18:42 (024937)

congratulations Alan (and Mrs.) - I look forward to perusing your site and I know your posts here will continue to be informative and supportive.
Good luck with your venture!

Nancy S. on 8/08/00 at 20:31 (024943)

Alan, this is terrific! Those two weeks are finally over! Boy, were they long.
My husband and I looked at your website together, and as you've gathered, he is a big believer in Asian approaches to healing. Almost immediately he said, 'Would you like one? I'll buy it for you.' So I will be one of your earliest customers. I may have to have a few more PT weeks before really getting into it, but I definitely will. It looks good for me.
I still have more studying to do of your site, but my hearty congratulations to you and your wife. The photos of her look great, by the way. When will we see one of you in Scott/Kim's gallery??
--Nancy

alan k on 8/08/00 at 20:48 (024944)

I was thinking I'ld put a photo of me in the gallery later this week. I'm not on the website because it's not really my thing, I'm just the technical support (which is no small thing, plus it was my idea first).
I went to the gallery the first time a few days ago and it was funny seeing the faces for the first time. At first there is a split second of surprise-- I guess because you have a hazy picture already-- and then it all makes sense. Of course I know who is Judy and who is Nancy. Wendy was the least surprising, almost exactly what I pictured (and just as cute--oops did I say that?). I thought she would have glasses for some reason.

alan k

wendyn on 8/08/00 at 21:28 (024946)

That's pretty funny Alan, because I do wear glasses. I took them off for the picture. If you send me your email address I will send you the rest of the pictures.

john h on 8/09/00 at 09:58 (024963)

great informative site alan. after my visit with dr z this month i will give Acu-flex a try.

john

john a on 8/09/00 at 11:36 (024972)

The AcuTai site makes interesting reading. Thanks. Two (helpful) criticisms: 1) the pictures are too dark, making it hard to see details. 2) It would be nice to see a large picture of the Acu-Flex device by itself, with perhaps labels for all the cool components and materials that make it up. (I could see how you might not want to give too much away about how it's constructed for fear of loosing sales, though.) And one not so helpful criticism: can you make it cheaper? :-) Finally, can't you get away with not charging tax to NY residents? Everyone else selling stuff on the web seems to be able to :-)

alan k on 8/09/00 at 12:31 (024976)

Hi john a!

Thanks for your great suggestions.
I do need to give more close-ups of the actual thing. I don't see why that would decrease sales but only increase sales.

I should make new photos. They were fine when taken but do show up dark, so I'll have to take them at over-lighted condition to show up normal on the web.

Lee and I (Lee is her nickname) are Buddhists and have to follow the letter of the law and be honest in all things. Quite an inconvenience but tax does fall within the realm of honesty for us, unfortunately. I do have to charge NY sales tax because we are in new york. That is the law at this point.

The price seems standard for this sort of thing. I should know because I have bought everything. Acu-Flex is much better than anything else out there, which I guess I could explain better. It just does so much more and in so many more positions and in a much safer manner for your hands than any other device.

Thanks again John a. Yours and others comments by e-mail are really helping us with getting this in better shape. Time is the real obstacle.

thanks again,

alan k

Nancy S. on 8/09/00 at 13:31 (024981)

Why don't the photos look dark to me? I must be enlightened.
A close-up of the product would be helpful. And some close-ups of footwork with it.

john a on 8/09/00 at 13:35 (024983)

Instead of taking new pictures, you could use something like PaintShopPro V6.02 (free 30 day trail download) to adjust them. I just tried lightening them (under Colors / Adjust / Brightness/Contrast) and it looks pretty good. I uploaded two of them to Scott's upload area: http://heelspurs.com/zz/seat_nails_a.jpg , and http://heelspurs.com/zz/plfl_point_a.jpg . Please feel free to delete them. You can get PaintShopPro at http://www.jasc.com . It's a great image editing tool. For PCs anyway. (Hmmm, did you say you use a Mac?)