Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain

Posted by Trish on 8/08/00 at 23:10 (024953)

It's been about 9 wks. since my final 2 Sonorex treatments. I had the initial 3 in Feb./Mar. I am having a lot of pain in the treated foot. It's a different kind of pain, which is more in the arch and not relieved when I lay down, use ice, or anti-inflammatories. I also continue to have the heel pain, but at least with that I get some temporary relief with ice and anti-inflams. So I am praying that this new pain goes away. Help!! I am feeling really discouraged and depressed.

Re: Pain

Nancy S. on 8/09/00 at 04:30 (024954)

Hi Trish,
I woke up too early and found your plaintive message. I just want to say that I'm thinking of you and I'm sorry you have this additional pain after all your treatments. Does the doc. who did your treatments have no advice for you? I hope someone here on the ESWT board can help you. Hang in there.
--Nancy

Mary J. on 8/09/00 at 06:50 (024955)

Trish, I had the Ossatron on May 18, and still have heel pain. I also have pain in the arch. The pain is relieved by icing, and I would say that I am about where I was before the Ossatron. Hang in there. What does the Dr. say? Let us hear from you. Mary J.

Trish on 8/09/00 at 08:16 (024957)

I haven't seen the Dr. since early June.....at that time, I was having some arch pain from the 1st set of treatments (but some relief from the heel pain which was why we decided on 2 more treatments). With regard to the arch pain, he just shrugged his shoulders and said he thought it would probably be just temporary, he didn't know, had never heard of that, this was all so new, etc. etc. I've had that type of response so much over the years.....

Nancy S. on 8/09/00 at 04:30 (024954)

Hi Trish,
I woke up too early and found your plaintive message. I just want to say that I'm thinking of you and I'm sorry you have this additional pain after all your treatments. Does the doc. who did your treatments have no advice for you? I hope someone here on the ESWT board can help you. Hang in there.
--Nancy

Mary J. on 8/09/00 at 06:50 (024955)

Trish, I had the Ossatron on May 18, and still have heel pain. I also have pain in the arch. The pain is relieved by icing, and I would say that I am about where I was before the Ossatron. Hang in there. What does the Dr. say? Let us hear from you. Mary J.

Trish on 8/09/00 at 08:16 (024957)

I haven't seen the Dr. since early June.....at that time, I was having some arch pain from the 1st set of treatments (but some relief from the heel pain which was why we decided on 2 more treatments). With regard to the arch pain, he just shrugged his shoulders and said he thought it would probably be just temporary, he didn't know, had never heard of that, this was all so new, etc. etc. I've had that type of response so much over the years.....