Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

taking a chance...........

Posted by JudyS on 8/09/00 at 10:20 (024969)

Hi All - I know I'm taking a tremendous chance here in terms of the wonderful friendship and support you all continue to give but here goes:
Some time back there was a bit of a sensitive reaction to some 'blond'jokes that were posted. Although I'm not one who was sensitive to them I am now reacting to something that's sort of in the same vein. I am tickled pink to see Scott's new facility whereby we can get to know each other better by actual photographs of ourselves, but I'm somewhat uncomfortable with the inclusion of a 'nude' in spite of it's advertising nature. We are such a friendly and welcoming place that I sort of think it'd be great to continue to stay on the 'high-road' in terms of sensitivities. I emailed Scott to ask him about that particular photo and he's said to delete it if (I) want. Clearly that's not a decision for me alone so I won't be doing that.
Hope I haven't offended anyone with this concern.

Re: taking a chance...........

Kim B. on 8/09/00 at 12:27 (024975)

Judy, I worked on my hair all day before that shoot. I can't believe you don't like it!

All kidding aside, it doesn't matter to me if it stays or goes. I am completely hedrosexual, but that gal has such a beautiful body, it's almost artistic. She isn't doing anthing lude so I am less offended by it than I would be if it were lude or raunchy.

Part of me says if it offends even one person it should be removed, then another part of me says if offends the majority of us, it should be removed. I am torn on this so I will suggest a coin flip.

Like I said, I don't care if it stays or goes, you have to intentionally click on it to bring it up, and you do have to scroll around to see what there is to see. Plus, she's not thrown in there with us.

Then again, I wouldn't be as quick to tell my pastor about this site knowing that is (even burried) there. So in that sense, I could advocate having it removed.

Regards, Kim B.

Dr., Zuckerman on 8/09/00 at 12:57 (024977)

It took me ten minutes to find this photo. Delete if you want. There should be a policy that no nudes execpt if it's the foot. Anyway, this is a board about heel pain and people not nudes. I do like the picture she is cute. Maybe if we didn't wear clothes the heel pain will go away. I do understand your point . No Nudes!!! Delete it

Nancy S. on 8/09/00 at 13:26 (024980)

The photo didn't really affect me one way or another (maybe because Kim did such a good job on her hair that day). I sort of figured Scott was fooling around and the photo wouldn't be staying permanently.
But I think if it offends Judy, it probably will offend others, so on general principle it ought to bite the dust.
--Nancy

john h on 8/09/00 at 15:19 (024987)

darn!!

Bob G. on 8/09/00 at 15:32 (024988)

What's everybody talking about??? Where's the picture? I can't find any personal pictures to click on (at least on THIS message board about heel pain). Am I in the right place? BG

Sue S on 8/09/00 at 16:00 (024993)

I'm like Bob, how do you find the pictures?

Kim B. on 8/09/00 at 12:27 (024975)

Judy, I worked on my hair all day before that shoot. I can't believe you don't like it!

All kidding aside, it doesn't matter to me if it stays or goes. I am completely hedrosexual, but that gal has such a beautiful body, it's almost artistic. She isn't doing anthing lude so I am less offended by it than I would be if it were lude or raunchy.

Part of me says if it offends even one person it should be removed, then another part of me says if offends the majority of us, it should be removed. I am torn on this so I will suggest a coin flip.

Like I said, I don't care if it stays or goes, you have to intentionally click on it to bring it up, and you do have to scroll around to see what there is to see. Plus, she's not thrown in there with us.

Then again, I wouldn't be as quick to tell my pastor about this site knowing that is (even burried) there. So in that sense, I could advocate having it removed.

Regards, Kim B.

Dr., Zuckerman on 8/09/00 at 12:57 (024977)

It took me ten minutes to find this photo. Delete if you want. There should be a policy that no nudes execpt if it's the foot. Anyway, this is a board about heel pain and people not nudes. I do like the picture she is cute. Maybe if we didn't wear clothes the heel pain will go away. I do understand your point . No Nudes!!! Delete it

Nancy S. on 8/09/00 at 13:26 (024980)

The photo didn't really affect me one way or another (maybe because Kim did such a good job on her hair that day). I sort of figured Scott was fooling around and the photo wouldn't be staying permanently.
But I think if it offends Judy, it probably will offend others, so on general principle it ought to bite the dust.
--Nancy

john h on 8/09/00 at 15:19 (024987)

darn!!

Bob G. on 8/09/00 at 15:32 (024988)

What's everybody talking about??? Where's the picture? I can't find any personal pictures to click on (at least on THIS message board about heel pain). Am I in the right place? BG

Sue S on 8/09/00 at 16:00 (024993)

I'm like Bob, how do you find the pictures?