Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Metatarsalgia

Posted by Denise S. on 8/09/00 at 15:03 (024985)

First, thank you for all the 'funnies'...I don't find too much to laugh about these days. I have metatarsalgia in both feet, and as I relate to ALL of you, I cant help wondering if this is related to PF?
I loved to dance up until about a year ago, now just walking for 10 minutes is painful. Symptons are, pain under balls of feet, burning (all the time) and what I call pulling in the arch (like a cramp) I have to 'jiggle' my toes to get the pain in the arch to subside a little. ALL shoes hurt and I have spent plenty on them, orthotics dont help much, and the orthopedic surgeon I saw to have a ganglion cyst removed from the top of my foot says 'take these' meaning NSAIDs. Help! Do I qualify for PF??????

Re: Metatarsalgia

wendyn on 8/09/00 at 23:15 (025051)

Hi Denise - glad we made you laugh. :)

We are normally a little more serious and focused on foot issues here. But we've been a little distracted with pictures lately. Some of us have known each other over the internet for more than a year...it's really amusing to see what everyone actually looks like.

ANYWAY,

I can't tell you if you have PF or not...but you'll find lots of support here from people that know what it's like to live with a lot of foot pain. We may not be able to provide you with a lot of info, but hopefully a little compassion and the ocassional giggle. May I recommend the 'You Know You Have PF When....' if you haven't already checked it out. I think the link is from the main message board page.

Re: Metatarsalgia

wendyn on 8/09/00 at 23:15 (025051)

Hi Denise - glad we made you laugh. :)

We are normally a little more serious and focused on foot issues here. But we've been a little distracted with pictures lately. Some of us have known each other over the internet for more than a year...it's really amusing to see what everyone actually looks like.

ANYWAY,

I can't tell you if you have PF or not...but you'll find lots of support here from people that know what it's like to live with a lot of foot pain. We may not be able to provide you with a lot of info, but hopefully a little compassion and the ocassional giggle. May I recommend the 'You Know You Have PF When....' if you haven't already checked it out. I think the link is from the main message board page.