Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Healthtronics

Posted by john h on 8/09/00 at 19:02 (025012)

Healthtronics (manufactures the OssaTron) stock has been hanging around 14-15 for the past couple of weeks. When it was announced that the orthopedic panel of the FDA had recommended approval of the OssaTron it jumped to around 19-20 but for whatever reason has fallen back. Healthtronics is a probitable company even without Ossatron but is not widely traded (11 million outstanding shares). I would guess to get a bump in the price we will need to get the OssaTron up and running and with some good results and publicity. I would think this company is the type that could eventually be bought out or merge with some other larger company. Do not take any of this info as a reason to buy or sell Healthtronics stock as i am just a consumer interested in the OssaTron and its use in the treatment of PF>

Re: Healthtronics

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/00 at 21:15 (025031)

Watch healthronics . They are making good deals with the ossatron. i know of mobile lithotripsy companies that are going to buy four unit at 600,000. They should be placing units in HealthSouth Surgical Centers. If they perform half as well as they already have in the kidney lithotripy area they are a good bet to watch.

john h on 8/09/00 at 22:17 (025041)

i will be most interested to see how they price their procedure.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/00 at 22:34 (025043)

The hope is that the insurance companies will pick up the tab.
I have been told that the average physician payment will be $400 per treatment and the payment to the surgical center or company that is leasing the machine somewhere between $1500-$3500. When I know this information as fact i will let this board know.

Scott R on 8/10/00 at 13:11 (025102)

My prediction is that it'll go back up to 20 or more when they get FDA approval. Maybe it'll do better if healthsouth makes an announcement about purchasing a large number of machines. If a mutaul fund or 2 takes an interest at that point... Getting insurance reimbursement is key. The hope is that people will realize the absurdity of surgery in light of the new machines and that it will not take long for the insurance companies to get on board. The apparent severity of how the FDA is rating the success of the OssaTron (only mildly higher than placebo?) due to mistakes(?) (hindsight) in the studies is unfortunate for everyone concerned (except competitors!). Maybe it won't have too much of a negative effect on the stock or insurance reimbursement. The delay in getting FDA approval may have a had a pretty negative impact on the company. Dornier has to be very happy about it. But I sense less emotions from Dornier about it all maybe because there are fewer new personal fortunes tied to the success or failure. If Dornier has better luck with how the FDA interprets the results, I wonder how big the ouch will be for HTRN's insurance reimbursement and stock.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/10/00 at 15:11 (025123)

Being first has its risk. I just back from our national podiatry convention in Philadelphia,Pa. I had the opportunity to spend some time with the ossatron representatives. Nice people. I was not happy with the podiatry interest in ESWT. They don't understand this technology yet. Any way I got a great zipper bag with the healthronics logo . I love it.

john h on 8/15/00 at 17:25 (025512)

healthtronics was bid at 10 today and asked at 18. never seen anything like that.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/00 at 21:15 (025031)

Watch healthronics . They are making good deals with the ossatron. i know of mobile lithotripsy companies that are going to buy four unit at 600,000. They should be placing units in HealthSouth Surgical Centers. If they perform half as well as they already have in the kidney lithotripy area they are a good bet to watch.

john h on 8/09/00 at 22:17 (025041)

i will be most interested to see how they price their procedure.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/09/00 at 22:34 (025043)

The hope is that the insurance companies will pick up the tab.
I have been told that the average physician payment will be $400 per treatment and the payment to the surgical center or company that is leasing the machine somewhere between $1500-$3500. When I know this information as fact i will let this board know.

Scott R on 8/10/00 at 13:11 (025102)

My prediction is that it'll go back up to 20 or more when they get FDA approval. Maybe it'll do better if healthsouth makes an announcement about purchasing a large number of machines. If a mutaul fund or 2 takes an interest at that point... Getting insurance reimbursement is key. The hope is that people will realize the absurdity of surgery in light of the new machines and that it will not take long for the insurance companies to get on board. The apparent severity of how the FDA is rating the success of the OssaTron (only mildly higher than placebo?) due to mistakes(?) (hindsight) in the studies is unfortunate for everyone concerned (except competitors!). Maybe it won't have too much of a negative effect on the stock or insurance reimbursement. The delay in getting FDA approval may have a had a pretty negative impact on the company. Dornier has to be very happy about it. But I sense less emotions from Dornier about it all maybe because there are fewer new personal fortunes tied to the success or failure. If Dornier has better luck with how the FDA interprets the results, I wonder how big the ouch will be for HTRN's insurance reimbursement and stock.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/10/00 at 15:11 (025123)

Being first has its risk. I just back from our national podiatry convention in Philadelphia,Pa. I had the opportunity to spend some time with the ossatron representatives. Nice people. I was not happy with the podiatry interest in ESWT. They don't understand this technology yet. Any way I got a great zipper bag with the healthronics logo . I love it.

john h on 8/15/00 at 17:25 (025512)

healthtronics was bid at 10 today and asked at 18. never seen anything like that.