Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Great New Additions to the Picture Gallery

Posted by Beverly on 8/10/00 at 09:21 (025065)

Wow! Kim that was such a good idea to have the photo gallery, and a big thank you to Scott for making it possible.
Well, I'm thinking about adding mine. Almost every picture I've had taken in the last five years were in clergy vestments or collar. And you all know I stepped down from ministry this past spring; so that is not really appropriate. I guess I could just cut my face out of one of them or get dolled up for a new photo. At any rate, I'll need someone who is willing to get the picture in the website. That is way beyond my computer skills.

See ya,
Beverly

Re: Great New Additions to the Picture Gallery

Nancy S. on 8/10/00 at 09:31 (025066)

Beverly, we'd love to get a look at ya!
There may be an easier way, but here is how my sister gets photos ready to e-mail on WebTV. Apparently a lot of specialty photo shops will now take your photo from you and do whatever it is they do and then e-mail it to you. It costs her only $1.50 for each one.
You could get your photo e-mailed to you, and then e-mail (forward) it to Scott. How's that?
--Nancy

Kim B. on 8/10/00 at 10:02 (025070)

Bev, Nancy's suggestion is a good one. Try Kinkos, I think you'll want to ask for a jpeg (.jpg) format.

As a last resort, you could send it to me and I could scan it for you on my scanner. Email me if you want my mailing address. (email removed)

We'd be happy to see you your ministry clothes, btw. Don't be shy about that.

Kim B.

john h on 8/10/00 at 10:57 (025079)

at kinkos you can even rent a computer by the hour in their facilities (mac or pc) and you are hooked up to the net. scanners are really inexpesive today. you can buy a decent scanner for $75 or go to ebay and pick one up for $30.

Kim B. on 8/10/00 at 12:29 (025097)

My husband paid about 149.00 for my HP ScanJet 4200 C. (Mother's day present.) It's a middle of the road scanner. You can pay more, you can pay less.

Nancy S. on 8/10/00 at 09:31 (025066)

Beverly, we'd love to get a look at ya!
There may be an easier way, but here is how my sister gets photos ready to e-mail on WebTV. Apparently a lot of specialty photo shops will now take your photo from you and do whatever it is they do and then e-mail it to you. It costs her only $1.50 for each one.
You could get your photo e-mailed to you, and then e-mail (forward) it to Scott. How's that?
--Nancy

Kim B. on 8/10/00 at 10:02 (025070)

Bev, Nancy's suggestion is a good one. Try Kinkos, I think you'll want to ask for a jpeg (.jpg) format.

As a last resort, you could send it to me and I could scan it for you on my scanner. Email me if you want my mailing address. (email removed)

We'd be happy to see you your ministry clothes, btw. Don't be shy about that.

Kim B.

john h on 8/10/00 at 10:57 (025079)

at kinkos you can even rent a computer by the hour in their facilities (mac or pc) and you are hooked up to the net. scanners are really inexpesive today. you can buy a decent scanner for $75 or go to ebay and pick one up for $30.

Kim B. on 8/10/00 at 12:29 (025097)

My husband paid about 149.00 for my HP ScanJet 4200 C. (Mother's day present.) It's a middle of the road scanner. You can pay more, you can pay less.