Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I need ideas for ESWT on the internet

Posted by Scott R on 8/10/00 at 14:21 (025111)

I'm looking for work I can engage in on the internet that will promote ESWT. So far, I've concentrated only on making patients aware of it and on creating a system where patients can relate their experiences with the machines. That system has been through some important improvements already.

Now I need to see what the ESWT companies need, both privately and publicly. The internet is all about communication. With machines distributed in the field, there is possibly a great need for intra-company communication over the internet. Because of the similarity of the businesses, similar communication systems may be needed. Any ideas? Does anyone need a company email and message board system? A database for tracking things?

Re: I need ideas for ESWT on the internet

JudyS on 8/10/00 at 15:33 (025129)

Scott, when I was reading earlier about the value of the stock it made one thought lead to another.........clearly many many docs are going to be using this method sooner or later, but where will they get their training? Is it true now that the most effective method is still in question among those who have been using it? Maybe your 'intra-internet' idea is the way to go in order to begin to establish some sort of standard.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/10/00 at 16:36 (025138)

As you know Scott you control the search engines therefore any doctor, patient who wants to know about ESWT will come to you and this site. The lack of educational information distribution is very poor in my opinion for any doctor wanting to know about this information and where to get the training for this. Right now I am training and receiving doctors via the net and word of mouth. I feel it is very important for doctors to know about ESWT and how it can help patients. The companies Healthronics, Norland and the rest of the gang should want to support you with advertizement. Maybe doctors should have to pay to use your site .Maybe some type of membership. I am just thinking off the top of my head. As soon as there is distribution of the ossatrons and orbasones then there is going to be more interest in this site( from doctors). If I come up with a great idea i will pass this on to you. Maybe the companies should pay the membership fees that doctors should pay for this site. Uusally it is the companies that show the interest. Any company not willing to pay for advertizement should re-think their position. I guess we need alittle more time to pass-more machine out there by healthronics.

john h on 8/10/00 at 18:40 (025157)

i have talked to about 5 doctors about ESWT. Most had never heard of it or it was a vague procedure they had heard about. When i tried to explain most were not very interested. they are all busy seeing a zillion patients. they will become interested when ESWT starts to cut into their profits. that will happen. it will take time but it will happen. if HealthSouth goes with the Ossatron they are big enough to turn heads. if we could somehow get a major magazine like the health section of newsweek or time to feature an article on PF we could start to get some attention. perhaps a few letters to the medical editor of these news magazines might draw enough interest for an article. i will give it a go.

JudyS on 8/11/00 at 01:44 (025186)

John - I questioned two of my Pods about ESWT and neither of them had heard of it! That's why I was asking Scott earlier about the training of all those docs out there who'll want to jump on the ESWT bandwagon.

BONNY L on 8/11/00 at 10:52 (025223)

I DON'T MEAN TO REPEAT IF YOU READ MY MESSAGE LAST NIGHT.I CAN'T RECIEVE ESWT IN MY STATE, BUT, IF I HAD A HORSE IT COULD GO TO A LOCAL EQUINE CLINIC FOR ESWT!!!!DOESN'T SEEM FAIR!

JudyS on 8/10/00 at 15:33 (025129)

Scott, when I was reading earlier about the value of the stock it made one thought lead to another.........clearly many many docs are going to be using this method sooner or later, but where will they get their training? Is it true now that the most effective method is still in question among those who have been using it? Maybe your 'intra-internet' idea is the way to go in order to begin to establish some sort of standard.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/10/00 at 16:36 (025138)

As you know Scott you control the search engines therefore any doctor, patient who wants to know about ESWT will come to you and this site. The lack of educational information distribution is very poor in my opinion for any doctor wanting to know about this information and where to get the training for this. Right now I am training and receiving doctors via the net and word of mouth. I feel it is very important for doctors to know about ESWT and how it can help patients. The companies Healthronics, Norland and the rest of the gang should want to support you with advertizement. Maybe doctors should have to pay to use your site .Maybe some type of membership. I am just thinking off the top of my head. As soon as there is distribution of the ossatrons and orbasones then there is going to be more interest in this site( from doctors). If I come up with a great idea i will pass this on to you. Maybe the companies should pay the membership fees that doctors should pay for this site. Uusally it is the companies that show the interest. Any company not willing to pay for advertizement should re-think their position. I guess we need alittle more time to pass-more machine out there by healthronics.

john h on 8/10/00 at 18:40 (025157)

i have talked to about 5 doctors about ESWT. Most had never heard of it or it was a vague procedure they had heard about. When i tried to explain most were not very interested. they are all busy seeing a zillion patients. they will become interested when ESWT starts to cut into their profits. that will happen. it will take time but it will happen. if HealthSouth goes with the Ossatron they are big enough to turn heads. if we could somehow get a major magazine like the health section of newsweek or time to feature an article on PF we could start to get some attention. perhaps a few letters to the medical editor of these news magazines might draw enough interest for an article. i will give it a go.

JudyS on 8/11/00 at 01:44 (025186)

John - I questioned two of my Pods about ESWT and neither of them had heard of it! That's why I was asking Scott earlier about the training of all those docs out there who'll want to jump on the ESWT bandwagon.

BONNY L on 8/11/00 at 10:52 (025223)

I DON'T MEAN TO REPEAT IF YOU READ MY MESSAGE LAST NIGHT.I CAN'T RECIEVE ESWT IN MY STATE, BUT, IF I HAD A HORSE IT COULD GO TO A LOCAL EQUINE CLINIC FOR ESWT!!!!DOESN'T SEEM FAIR!